Roaming profiles and folder redirection

I've setup roaming profiles for all the users on the network. I've found
that opening and closing sessions is very slow due to lots of information on
the My Documents folders of the users so now I want to use folder
redirection to store the My Documents folders on the servers.

I've set folder redirection and now I have a question...

As roaming profiles synchronize My Documents folders do I have to change
some settings or it will work just using folder redirection?

I'm afraid that as folders are redirected and also synchronized when login
in to the roaming profile there will be some conflicts. I have done it
right?

Best regards,
Angel.

Hi Angel,

Group policy - User Config\Administrative Templates\Network\Offline Files\

Synchronize all offline files when logging on
Synchronize all offline files before logging off
Synchronize offline files before suspend

But I am a little confused. What do you mean by "opening and closing
sessions is very slow"?

br,
Denis

"Angel Massa" <amassa@retemail.es> wrote in message
> I've setup roaming profiles for all the users on the network. I've found
> that opening and closing sessions is very slow due to lots of information
on
> the My Documents folders of the users so now I want to use folder
> redirection to store the My Documents folders on the servers.
>
> I've set folder redirection and now I have a question...
>
> As roaming profiles synchronize My Documents folders do I have to change
> some settings or it will work just using folder redirection?
>
> I'm afraid that as folders are redirected and also synchronized when login
> in to the roaming profile there will be some conflicts. I have done it
> right?
>
> Best regards,
> Angel.

Hi Denis,

Thanks for your reply. For opening and closing sessions I mean users login
in and off. I don't know how is called in english becous I have a spanish
Windows and I've translated it.

I've setup folder redirection for My Documents folders and it worked great.
Files had been automatically moved to the new destination and also on
Windows XP clients offline files had been activated. I've only had problems
on one machine that I have to check. Maybe it has too many information on
the Documents and Desktop folders.

Regards,
Angel.

> Hi Angel,
>
> Group policy - User Config\Administrative Templates\Network\Offline Files\
>
> Synchronize all offline files when logging on
> Synchronize all offline files before logging off
> Synchronize offline files before suspend
>
> But I am a little confused. What do you mean by "opening and closing
> sessions is very slow"?
>
> br,
> Denis
>
> "Angel Massa" <amassa@retemail.es> wrote in message
>> I've setup roaming profiles for all the users on the network. I've found
>> that opening and closing sessions is very slow due to lots of information
> on
>> the My Documents folders of the users so now I want to use folder
>> redirection to store the My Documents folders on the servers.
>>
>> I've set folder redirection and now I have a question...
>>
>> As roaming profiles synchronize My Documents folders do I have to change
>> some settings or it will work just using folder redirection?
>>
>> I'm afraid that as folders are redirected and also synchronized when
>> login
>> in to the roaming profile there will be some conflicts. I have done it
>> right?
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Angel.

>For opening and closing sessions I mean users login
>in and off. I don’t know how is called in english becous I have
>a spanish
>Windows and I’ve translated it.

Hi,

Slow Logins are usually caused by DNS problems. Check this site to see
if you have DNS setup correctly.

http://www.sd61.bc.ca/windows2000/dns.htm

Cheers,

Lara