screen shot of cpuz of K8L ?? or fakie

Last response: in CPUs
January 31, 2007 11:55:57 PM

Let's hope it's real. :) 
February 1, 2007 12:00:03 AM

fix ur html
Related resources
February 1, 2007 12:02:44 AM

sigh, ill update before the ranting starts. Its a fake, found out from where I found the image. Was hoping it was real.
February 1, 2007 12:08:15 AM

i would suggest changing the title of the thread to a more rhetorical question like "which is better, AMD or Intel?"

that should avert a flame war.
February 1, 2007 12:10:50 AM

Quote:
http://www.awardfabrik.de/forum/showpost.php?p=26753&po...

No way to tell if its real, but fun seeing it.
too bad no benchmark pics.

It's possible but it would have to be Kuma since it's 2 Cores, 2 threads. I guess the "B" means B2 silicon.

It seemed like there were Kumas around since they did have direct X2 comparisons.
February 1, 2007 12:33:40 AM

Quote:
http://www.awardfabrik.de/forum/showpost.php?p=26753&po...

No way to tell if its real, but fun seeing it.
too bad no benchmark pics.

This at first glance would appear to be something harder to fake, of course they could have edited a CPUID shot into a desktop BMP and made it appear as if it was CPUIDed.....

If not, then at least it is running CPUID, better than just task manager :) 

Wait, wait...so is this actually a fake?
February 1, 2007 12:36:09 AM

Quote:
If not, then at least it is running CPUID, better than just task manager

I take it then that you still haven't viewed the video and seen the 100% load across 16 cores.
February 1, 2007 12:48:49 AM

Quote:
It's possible but it would have to be Kuma since it's 2 Cores, 2 threads. I guess the "B" means B2 silicon.

It seemed like there were Kumas around since they did have direct X2 comparisons.
I am very happy because I'll dissapoint you. :lol: 
The images are fake! :tongue:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1986366#post1986366

QQ! 8)
February 1, 2007 12:58:55 AM

here it is at 2.6

:oops:  oh wait that is a toledo core.
oh its mine :tongue:
February 1, 2007 1:03:31 AM

Quote:

I take it then that you still haven't viewed the video and seen the 100% load across 16 cores.

Prove that was a Barcelona -- it was a composite image of something sure, but Barcelona ?? :)  :)  That adverstisement, Baron --- a dog and pony show to sell a processor that does not exist.

Wow.... you are gullible.

I guess I am. I shouldn't have believed Intel either but I would have ended up with LOTS OF EGG TO WIPE OFF MY FACE.
February 1, 2007 1:05:41 AM

I don't doubt that AMD demoed quad-cores of some kind. They may not have been close to final-design K8Ls, but they DID show off K8L wafers that same day. So who knows.
February 1, 2007 1:08:57 AM

Quote:

Prove that was a Barcelona -- it was a composite image of something sure, but Barcelona ?? :)  :)  That adverstisement, Baron --- a dog and pony show to sell a processor that does not exist.

I guess I am. I shouldn't have believed Intel either but I would have ended up with LOTS OF EGG TO WIPE OFF MY FACE.Oh....here is the ES sample at 100% load across 2 cores!

Now when you have a proof, do you want me to make a video for you?
February 1, 2007 1:10:34 AM

Quote:

QQ! 8)

You should die. I said clearly

IT'S POSSIBLE, BUT.............
February 1, 2007 1:13:24 AM

Quote:

QQ! 8)

You should die. I said clearly

IT'S POSSIBLE, BUT.............Don't worry, sooner or latter I'll die. But not stupid like you. You guess "B" means B2 silicon, but you don't know that the ES are A.
February 1, 2007 1:13:31 AM

Quote:
I don't doubt that AMD demoed quad-cores of some kind. They may not have been close to final-design K8Ls, but they DID show off K8L wafers that same day. So who knows.

I just like their watching paranoid, self-conscious as s e s jump around like clowns to discredit AMD news.
8O :lol: 
February 1, 2007 1:16:53 AM

Quote:

QQ! 8)

What makes you think I care one way or the other? Is it something I said?
February 1, 2007 1:51:47 AM

It's fake, and the attack's continue :roll: . JumpinJack is now named the leader of the so-called intel biased forumz.

P.S. We have a mole somewhere at THG.
February 1, 2007 2:06:17 AM

Hey Sirheck, I pimped your OC. 8)
Before...

After...

*BTW, its called Satire kiddies. No flames*
February 1, 2007 2:09:30 AM

8O wow its much faster now 8)

runs a little hot though :cry: 
February 1, 2007 2:11:28 AM

I'm sorry. I only pimp speeds currently. You'll have to wait for the release of K8L to have any cooling or process pimps.
February 1, 2007 2:21:14 AM

For shame, Ninja, you forgot the centered text alignment, and your Core Speed is off by a pixel or two.
February 1, 2007 2:28:54 AM

True, true, but then again, I've never used Photoshop to do this.
February 1, 2007 2:36:39 AM

I thought the K8L was supposed to have the latest SSE instructions like SSE4. This also could indicate that this is fake or if it is for real then SSE4 is not in the K8L processor at this time.
February 1, 2007 2:37:57 AM

Quote:
True, true, but then again, I've never used Photoshop to do this.

can you get photoshop for free or do you have to pay for it?
February 1, 2007 2:40:16 AM

Quote:

Maybe they glued 4 single core mobos together
February 1, 2007 2:44:35 AM

You have to pay for it. At least for CS2
February 1, 2007 2:48:42 AM

Quote:

The only definitive proof would be to ask them to remove the fan, heatsink, and heatspreader after the demo. And visually verify in person.

As far as I know... Neither Intel nor AMD did this with their respective demos. :wink: Which could possibly indicate that a Core2 or an AthlonX2 was under the hood (modified to provide the proper IDs upon request of course).

Oh my... the conspiracy theories. :lol: 

We could all be gullible. 8O :lol:  :p 
February 1, 2007 2:50:38 AM

cool. i have never used it before :oops: 
February 1, 2007 3:05:10 AM

Even the best demo can have a weak link. :lol: 

It's all speculation. 8)
February 1, 2007 3:46:53 AM

Quote:
You have to pay for it. At least for CS2

not the way "had" it

-stupid reformat
February 1, 2007 4:16:04 AM

Not even a good fake. The numbers in the right hand side pic of the Clocks section have been cut in and he left light-coloured pixels around the characters. Photoshop Dilettante Wanker!
February 1, 2007 4:30:49 AM

Quote:
Did you see the link he was refering to as proof it was full load?

Yes... And speaking for myself, I am not fully convinced either way. I tend to lean more in your direction, I would like to see more definitive proof. :) 

It is too easy to fake things... even Task Manager.
February 1, 2007 12:44:49 PM

Quote:
Did you see the link he was refering to as proof it was full load?

Yes... And speaking for myself, I am not fully convinced either way. I tend to lean more in your direction, I would like to see more definitive proof. :) 

It is too easy to fake things... even Task Manager.

:)  This is a fair statement....
Does it make any difference until we get some benchmarks; fake or real, it's just a picture.
!