Administrative Privelages not behaving correctly

Hello,
I have a W2K pro client computer that allows me to log in as the domain
systems administrator and add new users to the administrator group. However,
when I try to install some new software applications I receive a message
saying I do not have Administrative Privelages. I have checked the
SecPol.msc -> Local Policy -> User Rights and everything seems ok. I'm not
sure what to check on the Domain side. We have a Windows NT Domain server.
We do not use login scripts.

Sam Fisher
2 answers Last reply
More about administrative privelages behaving correctly

    On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 08:28:57 -0700, "Sam Fisher" <SamFisher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >I have a W2K pro client computer that allows me to log in as the domain
    >systems administrator and add new users to the administrator group. However,
    >when I try to install some new software applications I receive a message
    >saying I do not have Administrative Privelages. I have checked the
    >SecPol.msc -> Local Policy -> User Rights and everything seems ok. I'm not
    >sure what to check on the Domain side. We have a Windows NT Domain server.
    >We do not use login scripts.
    >
    >Sam Fisher

    Is your account a member of the "Domain Admins" group?
    Make sure that the local Administrators group on your PC contains
    "DomainName\Domain Admins" as a member.

    net localgroup Administrators

    If not present, run:

    net localgroup Administrators "JSIINC\Domain Admins" /ADD
    replacing JSIINC with your domain name.

    Hi Sam,

    Can you post the exact message that saying you do not have administrative
    privelages?

    Also you can check out the event viewer for any hints.

    br,
    Denis

    "Sam Fisher" <SamFisher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > I have a W2K pro client computer that allows me to log in as the domain
    > systems administrator and add new users to the administrator group.
    However,
    > when I try to install some new software applications I receive a message
    > saying I do not have Administrative Privelages. I have checked the
    > SecPol.msc -> Local Policy -> User Rights and everything seems ok. I'm not
    > sure what to check on the Domain side. We have a Windows NT Domain
    server.
    > We do not use login scripts.
    >
    > Sam Fisher

Policy Domain Windows