Administrative Privelages not behaving correctly

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
August 30, 2005 12:28:57 PM

Hello,
I have a W2K pro client computer that allows me to log in as the domain
systems administrator and add new users to the administrator group. However,
when I try to install some new software applications I receive a message
saying I do not have Administrative Privelages. I have checked the
SecPol.msc -> Local Policy -> User Rights and everything seems ok. I'm not
sure what to check on the Domain side. We have a Windows NT Domain server.
We do not use login scripts.

Sam Fisher
Anonymous
August 31, 2005 12:50:52 PM

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 08:28:57 -0700, "Sam Fisher" <SamFisher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>I have a W2K pro client computer that allows me to log in as the domain
>systems administrator and add new users to the administrator group. However,
>when I try to install some new software applications I receive a message
>saying I do not have Administrative Privelages. I have checked the
>SecPol.msc -> Local Policy -> User Rights and everything seems ok. I'm not
>sure what to check on the Domain side. We have a Windows NT Domain server.
>We do not use login scripts.
>
>Sam Fisher

Is your account a member of the "Domain Admins" group?
Make sure that the local Administrators group on your PC contains
"DomainName\Domain Admins" as a member.

net localgroup Administrators

If not present, run:

net localgroup Administrators "JSIINC\Domain Admins" /ADD
replacing JSIINC with your domain name.
Anonymous
August 31, 2005 3:57:29 PM

Hi Sam,

Can you post the exact message that saying you do not have administrative
privelages?

Also you can check out the event viewer for any hints.

br,
Denis

!