Valtiel

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2005
Alright so here's the deal. I recently switched parts from an old proprietary HP case into my new Antec 900 for more silence/cooling/whatever and as soon as I boot it up I notice a few problems. I fixed the other ones easily but there is one more: My sound doesn't work.

I've done some general troubleshooting here is another topic I posted on it: Sound not working

I'm almost certain it is a hardware problem because I've never had this problem before and I didn't do anything Drastic on the OS side let alone something drastic dealing with sound drivers.

Here is a picture of my motherboard:
Motherboardlayout2.gif

I have hooked up the firewire, USB and Power button/Reset button but not the front audio.

Does it have to be hooked up for my motherboard audio to work? I don't have my speakers hooked up to the front audio (obviously :p) and I never did before.

Help is appreciated. :? I'm really stumped.

Breaker1055

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2007
I have had single components of my motherboard stop working before while the rest still works. Currently my onboard network port is shot.

Try buying a cheap soundcard and see if that is your problem. Sabrient makes <$10 5.1 cards.

Multiplectic

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2006
Since your problem started when you changed your case, you could check if the pins on the back on your mobo are touching the case' metal. Shortcircuits aren't good. :tongue:

Valtiel

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2005
The Mobo is seperated from the case by those half inch gold-or-copper-doohickies

Ordered the Xtreme Gamer card ($50 after MIR). We'll see what happens when it gets here. I'll post back.