problem with add/delete programs

Hi People out there,

We have a W2K Server with AD and sames OU's installed on the system. We have
an OU that allow add/delete programs but the "normal" user not. When we log
on a computer we want to add/delete programs, but is impossible because we
have signed the computer, but, we don't know why, the system still apllying
the "normal" user OU.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english :)
Gregorio Aranda.

Hello Gregorio,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

From your post, you have allowed Add/Remove Programs to normal user. But it
does not work.

Based on your question, I agree with Denis's suggestions. Could you help me
confirm you have applied Add/Remove Programs policy to the OU? How do the
policies apply? You may try the following suggestions to check:

If you want to check if the Group Policy has been applied to the computer
correctly, you may use the rsop.msc to check on the problematic computer.

1. Click Start, click Run, type "rsop.msc" (without quotation marks), click
OK.
2. The "Resultant Set of Policy is being processed" will appear.
3. After few minutes, you will see "Resultant Set of Policy".
4. In the Resultant Set of Policy, you can find the policies (with
exclamatory mark) that have not been applied to the computer.

Or

You may check the GPResult:

1. Click Start\Run
2. Type "gpresult /z >c:\gpresult.txt" (without quotation marks).
3. It will generate a gpresult.txt file to check the current policies which
applied on the client.
4. Also you may send c:\gpresult.txt to me (v-kzhao@microsoft.com).

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Partner Support

Newsgroup Web Interface Upgrade
Please complete a one-time registration process on your first visit to the
Partner Portal beginning July 11, 2005 at 9 A.M. PST by entering the secure
code mspp2005 when prompted. This secure code will be valid for 6 months
after which you will need to update your registration by entering the new
secure code. We will post announcements in the newsgroups prior to
expiration. Once you have entered the secure code mspp2005 , you will be
able to update your profile and access the the partner newsgroups. Please
update your Favorites link to the newsgroups web page, your current link
will redirect until November 1, 2005.
Please post any comment, questions or concerns to the
microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback newsgroup. For more
information, please go to:
https://partner.microsoft.com/global/technicalsupport/registeredsupport/4001
4662

--------------------
| From: "Gregorio Aranda" <nospam@nospam.com>
| Subject: problem with add/delete programs
| Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 18:00:34 +0200
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy
|
| Hi People out there,
|
| We have a W2K Server with AD and sames OU's installed on the system. We
have
| an OU that allow add/delete programs but the "normal" user not. When we
log
| on a computer we want to add/delete programs, but is impossible because we
| have signed the computer, but, we don't know why, the system still
apllying
| the "normal" user OU.
|
| Thanks in advance and sorry for my english :)
| Gregorio Aranda.

Hi,

I am not very clear, but I suggest you separate different users in different
OUs for different policies.

And you can use gpresult to check how your policies apply.

br,
Denis