Anyone Know How to Get the FireFox ADM's to Work?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy (More info?)

Any help appreciated.

I've installed the ADMs, and can see and configure the settings. But
settings do not take on clients.

Thanks,
V.
6 answers Last reply
More about anyone firefox work
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy (More info?)

    Are they preferences and not policies? My guess is yes, so you need to make
    sure you configure the GPO editor to view all settings.

    what errors are you getting otherwise?

    --
    Derek Melber
    BrainCore.Net
    "Victor Essmer" <ajamies65@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Any help appreciated.
    >
    > I've installed the ADMs, and can see and configure the settings. But
    > settings do not take on clients.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > V.
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy (More info?)

    "Derek Melber [MVP]" <derekm@braincore.net> wrote in

    > Are they preferences and not policies? My guess is yes, so you need to
    > make sure you configure the GPO editor to view all settings.
    >
    > what errors are you getting otherwise?

    Hi,

    No errors, it's just that nothing happens. I set things but there's no
    effect on Firefox's settings on the client.

    I followed this deployment pdf
    http://homepages.ed.ac.uk/mcs/FirefoxADM/ADM_Deploy.pdf

    but it doesn't work. I added the Script and the ADMs, I placed my computer
    and my login nn the OU, set some settings. I did a gpuudate/force,
    replicated the DC to the BDC, rebooted my PC, but nothing.

    V.
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy (More info?)

    Hi Victor,

    Then have you tried RSoP or gpresult?

    Is that a permission issue?

    br,
    Denis

    > "Derek Melber [MVP]" <derekm@braincore.net> wrote in
    >
    > > Are they preferences and not policies? My guess is yes, so you need to
    > > make sure you configure the GPO editor to view all settings.
    > >
    > > what errors are you getting otherwise?
    > >

    > Hi,
    >
    > No errors, it's just that nothing happens. I set things but there's no
    > effect on Firefox's settings on the client.
    >
    > I followed this deployment pdf
    > http://homepages.ed.ac.uk/mcs/FirefoxADM/ADM_Deploy.pdf
    >
    > but it doesn't work. I added the Script and the ADMs, I placed my computer
    > and my login nn the OU, set some settings. I did a gpuudate/force,
    > replicated the DC to the BDC, rebooted my PC, but nothing.
    >
    > V.
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy (More info?)

    Hi,

    Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, I have no idea what RSoP or
    gpresult are.

    V.

    "Denis Wong @ Hong Kong" <H_O_T_A_P_P_S_@_H_O_T_M_A_I_L_._C_O_M> wrote
    in news:#DOynZrsFHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl:

    > Hi Victor,
    >
    > Then have you tried RSoP or gpresult?
    >
    > Is that a permission issue?
    >
    > br,
    > Denis
    >
    > "Victor Essmer" <ajamies65@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> "Derek Melber [MVP]" <derekm@braincore.net> wrote in
    >>
    >> > Are they preferences and not policies? My guess is yes, so you need
    >> > to make sure you configure the GPO editor to view all settings.
    >> >
    >> > what errors are you getting otherwise?
    >> >

    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> No errors, it's just that nothing happens. I set things but there's
    >> no effect on Firefox's settings on the client.
    >>
    >> I followed this deployment pdf
    >> http://homepages.ed.ac.uk/mcs/FirefoxADM/ADM_Deploy.pdf
    >>
    >> but it doesn't work. I added the Script and the ADMs, I placed my
    >> computer and my login nn the OU, set some settings. I did a
    >> gpuudate/force, replicated the DC to the BDC, rebooted my PC, but
    >> nothing.
    >>
    >> V.

  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy (More info?)

    Hi Victor,

    gpresult is a command line tool for group policy.
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/gpresult.mspx

    RSoP is a MMC interface for group policy.
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/rspoverview.mspx

    br,
    Denis

    > Hi,
    >
    > Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, I have no idea what RSoP or
    > gpresult are.
    >
    > V.
    >
    > "Denis Wong @ Hong Kong" <H_O_T_A_P_P_S_@_H_O_T_M_A_I_L_._C_O_M> wrote
    > in news:#DOynZrsFHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl:
    >
    > > Hi Victor,
    > >
    > > Then have you tried RSoP or gpresult?
    > >
    > > Is that a permission issue?
    > >
    > > br,
    > > Denis
    > >
    > > "Victor Essmer" <ajamies65@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > >> "Derek Melber [MVP]" <derekm@braincore.net> wrote in

    > >> Hi,
    > >>
    > >> No errors, it's just that nothing happens. I set things but there's
    > >> no effect on Firefox's settings on the client.
    > >>
    > >> I followed this deployment pdf
    > >> http://homepages.ed.ac.uk/mcs/FirefoxADM/ADM_Deploy.pdf
    > >>
    > >> but it doesn't work. I added the Script and the ADMs, I placed my
    > >> computer and my login nn the OU, set some settings. I did a
    > >> gpuudate/force, replicated the DC to the BDC, rebooted my PC, but
    > >> nothing.
    > >>
    > >> V.

  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy (More info?)

    "Denis Wong @ Hong Kong" <H_O_T_A_P_P_S_@_H_O_T_M_A_I_L_._C_O_M> wrote
    in news:elHnWhBtFHA.2072@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl:

    > Hi Victor,
    >
    > gpresult is a command line tool for group policy.
    > http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddoc
    > s/en-us/gpresult.mspx
    >
    > RSoP is a MMC interface for group policy.
    > http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddoc
    > s/en-us/rspoverview.mspx
    >
    > br,
    > Denis

    Thanks Denis!

    I'll check these out.

    Victor

Policy Firefox Microsoft Configuration Windows