Command Line Syntax

TC

Where can I find documentation for Windows' command-line syntax?

I am specifically trying to find out whether there is a delimiter I can use
to put multiple commands on a single line. In general, though, I'd like to
see a reference that covers all of the command line options (like the pipe
feature, for instance).

-TC

Start>Run C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\help.com should do the trick.

Gord

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 10:19:26 -0800, "TC" <v@x.z> wrote:

>Where can I find documentation for Windows' command-line syntax?
>
>I am specifically trying to find out whether there is a delimiter I can use
>to put multiple commands on a single line. In general, though, I'd like to
>see a reference that covers all of the command line options (like the pipe
>feature, for instance).
>

>-TC

Please ignore.

Wrong partition.

Gord

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 14:02:49 -0800, Gord Dibben wrote:

>Start>Run C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\help.com should do the trick.
>

>Gord
>

>On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 10:19:26 -0800, "TC" <v@x.z> wrote:
>
>>Where can I find documentation for Windows' command-line syntax?
>>
>>I am specifically trying to find out whether there is a delimiter I can use
>>to put multiple commands on a single line. In general, though, I'd like to
>>see a reference that covers all of the command line options (like the pipe
>>feature, for instance).
>>

>>-TC

Try: Start/Run/type "cmd.exe /?" [leave off the quote marks], then click
"OK". This opens up a help file.
Gene K

TC wrote:
> Where can I find documentation for Windows' command-line syntax?
>
> I am specifically trying to find out whether there is a delimiter I can use
> to put multiple commands on a single line. In general, though, I'd like to
> see a reference that covers all of the command line options (like the pipe
> feature, for instance).
>

> -TC

In help. Where else. Type comand prompt. It's ampersand. Type redirection.

Were you too stupid to do this without asking.

http://www.microscum.com/mscommunity/
"TC" <v@x.z> wrote in message news:pv4Sd.10741$Ps.8542@okepread06...
> Where can I find documentation for Windows' command-line syntax?
>
> I am specifically trying to find out whether there is a delimiter I can use
> to put multiple commands on a single line. In general, though, I'd like to
> see a reference that covers all of the command line options (like the pipe
> feature, for instance).
>

> -TC

C:\WINDOWS\Help\ntcmds.chm

But one still needs help.com for exitlevels