identify user who printed something

is there a script or any other way to force the computer name or user name of
someone who is printing something to print somewhere on the page, preferably
the bottom?

I'm thinking maybe a script to add a footer to every page no matter what
program you use to print, be it Word or IE or Adobe or the such.
2 answers Last reply
More about identify user printed something

    Hi,

    Have you tried to use Separator Page in printer properties?

    How to Create Custom Separator Page Files
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=102712

    br,
    Denis

    "new network administrator" <new network
    administrator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > is there a script or any other way to force the computer name or user name
    of
    > someone who is printing something to print somewhere on the page,
    preferably
    > the bottom?
    >
    > I'm thinking maybe a script to add a footer to every page no matter what
    > program you use to print, be it Word or IE or Adobe or the such.

    Try using eventcomb on your print server looking for event 10. You can
    import this into an access database and write a few queries based on
    username, computername etc....

    We have used this in the past to find inappropriate printers.

    "new network administrator" <new network
    administrator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > is there a script or any other way to force the computer name or user name
    > of
    > someone who is printing something to print somewhere on the page,
    > preferably
    > the bottom?
    >
    > I'm thinking maybe a script to add a footer to every page no matter what
    > program you use to print, be it Word or IE or Adobe or the such.

Microsoft Windows