identify user who printed something

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
September 1, 2005 4:35:24 PM

is there a script or any other way to force the computer name or user name of
someone who is printing something to print somewhere on the page, preferably
the bottom?

I'm thinking maybe a script to add a footer to every page no matter what
program you use to print, be it Word or IE or Adobe or the such.

More about : identify user printed

Anonymous
September 2, 2005 3:53:36 PM

Hi,

Have you tried to use Separator Page in printer properties?

How to Create Custom Separator Page Files
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=102712

br,
Denis

"new network administrator" <new network
administrator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> is there a script or any other way to force the computer name or user name
of
> someone who is printing something to print somewhere on the page,
preferably
> the bottom?
>
> I'm thinking maybe a script to add a footer to every page no matter what
> program you use to print, be it Word or IE or Adobe or the such.

Anonymous
September 6, 2005 1:00:53 PM

Try using eventcomb on your print server looking for event 10. You can
import this into an access database and write a few queries based on
username, computername etc....

We have used this in the past to find inappropriate printers.

!