GP Don't apply to two computers

I'm going mad on this problem. I've setup a GP for an OU on a Windows 2000
Server. I have 8 clients using Windows XP that joined the domain. I've
created a GP to use common desktop wallpaper and redirect My Documents
folders. The GP has worked on all computers except two.

I've tried forcing the policies with "gpupdate /force" comand. But nothing
worked. I don't know what to do and I don't understand why it doesn't work.

Can somebody help me with this? Thanks.

Regards,
Angel.

have you tried running an rsop on the computers to see that they are infact
getting the policies applied? use the gpmc and run the "group policy
results" on the 2 computers and see what you get....may be a good place to
start. it will also let you know of any errors that may also be causing
your problem.

Phil

"Angel Massa" <amassa@retemail.es> wrote in message
> I'm going mad on this problem. I've setup a GP for an OU on a Windows 2000
> Server. I have 8 clients using Windows XP that joined the domain. I've
> created a GP to use common desktop wallpaper and redirect My Documents
> folders. The GP has worked on all computers except two.
>
> I've tried forcing the policies with "gpupdate /force" comand. But nothing
> worked. I don't know what to do and I don't understand why it doesn't
> work.
>
> Can somebody help me with this? Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Angel.

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your reply. Please can you provide detailed steps on running the
gpmc? I suppose you're refering to the group policy management console. But
this is only available on the server, right?

I seems that this can be very helpful to me. But I've not find a way to
launch the gpmc and run the "group policy results". Sorry.

Regards,
Angel.

> have you tried running an rsop on the computers to see that they are
> infact getting the policies applied? use the gpmc and run the "group
> policy results" on the 2 computers and see what you get....may be a good
> place to start. it will also let you know of any errors that may also be
> causing your problem.
>
> Phil
>
> "Angel Massa" <amassa@retemail.es> wrote in message
>> I'm going mad on this problem. I've setup a GP for an OU on a Windows
>> 2000 Server. I have 8 clients using Windows XP that joined the domain.
>> I've created a GP to use common desktop wallpaper and redirect My
>> Documents folders. The GP has worked on all computers except two.
>>
>> I've tried forcing the policies with "gpupdate /force" comand. But
>> nothing worked. I don't know what to do and I don't understand why it
>> doesn't work.
>>
>> Can somebody help me with this? Thanks.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Angel.

You can run it from an XP workstaion against the AD

> Hi Phil,
>
> Thanks for your reply. Please can you provide detailed steps on running
> the gpmc? I suppose you're refering to the group policy management
> console. But this is only available on the server, right?

Maybe I'm starting to look stupid. But what do you mean with "run against
AD"? ( I suppose is ActiveDirectory).

Do I have to enter some commands from the command prompt? Do I have to use
the Management Console?

Please, can you provide detailed steps as I requested previously? Thanks in
advance.