Block Windows Media Player from accessing the internet

Hi,

I want to stop Windows Media Player from accessing the internet (i.e.
stop people from listening to online radio). I dont want to stop the
use of Media Player.

I have tried changing the settings to disable in Group Policy Object -
User Configuration - Administrative templates - Windows Components -
Networking

I've chosen to
1. Hide the network tab
2. Disable configuring for Streaming Media Protocols
3. Disable configuring for HTTP, MMS, and RTSP proxies
3. Not configured for Configure Network Buffering

I have applied this to myself as a test user and I can still access
online radio.

Is it possible to stop this through GP?

Kendall.

Hi Kendall,

Have you thought about to setup a false proxy for the users?

br,
Denis

"Kendall" <adkendall@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I want to stop Windows Media Player from accessing the internet (i.e.
> stop people from listening to online radio). I dont want to stop the
> use of Media Player.
>
> I have tried changing the settings to disable in Group Policy Object -
> User Configuration - Administrative templates - Windows Components -
> Networking
>
> I've chosen to
> 1. Hide the network tab
> 2. Disable configuring for Streaming Media Protocols
> 3. Disable configuring for HTTP, MMS, and RTSP proxies
> 3. Not configured for Configure Network Buffering
>
> I have applied this to myself as a test user and I can still access
> online radio.
>
> Is it possible to stop this through GP?
>
> Kendall.

Thanks Denis, worked like a charm.