How do you add desktop icon shortcuts via Group Policy?

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
September 5, 2005 8:01:28 PM

Does anyone know how to add desktop shortcuts (icons) for e.g..Adobe Acrobat,
Word, etc via Group Policy for all users?

If anyone has any code to show me on how to do this i would be very grateful.

Thanks.

Dave
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 8:07:04 PM

Also to add to this problem...i wish the icons to be made available for "All
user" (profile folder).

Thanks again!
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 10:18:28 PM

Hi,

dave g via WinServerKB.com schrieb:
> Does anyone know how to add desktop shortcuts (icons) for e.g..Adobe Acrobat,
> Word, etc via Group Policy for all users?

Computer Startup Script. There is no CSE from MS to do that.
You can copy link to %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\desktop.
Usally you cant do that in a user login script because of NTFS
permissions on the All Users Profile.

HTH
Mark
--
Mark Heitbrink - MVP Windows Server
Homepage: www.gruppenrichtlinien.de

Could you do something similar to add connections shortcuts to the My
Network Places folder?

--
Shaune

"Mark Heitbrink [MVP]" <spam-only@gruppenrichtlinien.de> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> dave g via WinServerKB.com schrieb:
> > Does anyone know how to add desktop shortcuts (icons) for e.g..Adobe
Acrobat,
> > Word, etc via Group Policy for all users?
>
> Computer Startup Script. There is no CSE from MS to do that.
> You can copy link to %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\desktop.
> Usally you cant do that in a user login script because of NTFS
> permissions on the All Users Profile.
>
> HTH
> Mark
> --
> Mark Heitbrink - MVP Windows Server
> Homepage: www.gruppenrichtlinien.de
> W2K FAQ : http://w2k-faq.ebend.de
> PM: Vorname@Homepage, Versende-Adresse wird nicht abgerufen.
Anonymous
September 15, 2005 5:53:41 PM

Shaune schrieb:
> Could you do something similar to add connections shortcuts to the My
> Network Places folder?

Just give it a try.

Mark
--