How do you add desktop icon shortcuts via Group Policy?

Does anyone know how to add desktop shortcuts (icons) for e.g..Adobe Acrobat,
Word, etc via Group Policy for all users?

If anyone has any code to show me on how to do this i would be very grateful.

Thanks.

Dave
4 answers Last reply
More about desktop icon shortcuts group policy

    Also to add to this problem...i wish the icons to be made available for "All
    user" (profile folder).

    Thanks again!

    Hi,

    dave g via WinServerKB.com schrieb:
    > Does anyone know how to add desktop shortcuts (icons) for e.g..Adobe Acrobat,
    > Word, etc via Group Policy for all users?

    Computer Startup Script. There is no CSE from MS to do that.
    You can copy link to %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\desktop.
    Usally you cant do that in a user login script because of NTFS
    permissions on the All Users Profile.

    HTH
    Mark
    --
    Mark Heitbrink - MVP Windows Server
    Homepage: www.gruppenrichtlinien.de

    Could you do something similar to add connections shortcuts to the My
    Network Places folder?

    --
    Shaune

    Shaune schrieb:
    > Could you do something similar to add connections shortcuts to the My
    > Network Places folder?

    Just give it a try.

    Mark
    --