Samsung DLP questions

Last response: in Home Theatre
a b Ô Samsung
June 12, 2004 12:18:39 PM

Hi,

I am a newbie owner of a Samsung DLP. I have some questions that I
hope the user community can help me with.

1. Are there some good sites to get good tips, info and suggestions?
2. So my current setup is, I have a Phillips Directv Tivo Receiver.
The quality of the picture is not that great and I am assuming that is
due to the analog signal. Does anyone have any suggestions on how too
improve this? I am planning to upgrade to a HDTV Directv setup.
3. Someone suggested getting a line doubler.

Any guidance or reccomendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

More about : samsung dlp questions

Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
June 12, 2004 11:38:45 PM

Here's my attempt...

http://www.avsforum.com

> 2. So my current setup is, I have a Phillips Directv Tivo Receiver.
> The quality of the picture is not that great and I am assuming that is
> due to the analog signal. Does anyone have any suggestions on how too
> improve this? I am planning to upgrade to a HDTV Directv setup.

Are you using the RF connection or an S-Video connection? And if you're
using an S-Video, is it a cheap one or a higher quality one?

> 3. Someone suggested getting a line doubler.

You don't need a line doubler if you upgrade to the HD receiver. It would
help improve any analog pictures such as satellite, VCR, DVD, etc. The only
good one I've seen or heard of is the DVDo

Doug
June 13, 2004 8:44:36 PM

"Doug" <dseaman8@cox.net> wrote in message
> Here's my attempt...
>
> > I am a newbie owner of a Samsung DLP. I have some questions that I
> > hope the user community can help me with.
> >
> > 1. Are there some good sites to get good tips, info and suggestions?
>
> http://www.avsforum.com

I'll also suggest http://www.hometheaterspot.com
- click "Forums" then "The Manufacturer's SPoTs"
!