Excluding some directory in Roaming Profile

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
September 11, 2005 8:35:46 PM

Dear All,

I have a question about roaming profile

I set an Group Policy in OU which limit profile size as 5MB.

But I have an application name nero buring rom, when user open the
application, the profile will increase as 20MB. It’s prevent user
to logon off the system since I have set the profile size as 5MB.

How’s I can exclude the directory in here:
C:D ocuments and Settings%username%Application DataAheadNero

I have try to using "Excluding Directory in Roaming profile" in
GPO(OU), but it not work, is it anything I get mistake?

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-Excluding-dir...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1399742
Anonymous
September 12, 2005 5:35:42 AM

"rainfile" wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I have a question about roaming profile
>
> I set an Group Policy in OU which limit profile size as 5MB.
>
> But I have an application name nero buring rom, when user open
> the application, the profile will increase as 20MB. It's
> prevent user to logon off the system since I have set the
> profile size as 5MB.
>
> How's I can exclude the directory in here:
> C:D ocuments and Settings%username%Application
> DataAheadNero
>
> I have try to using "Excluding Directory in Roaming profile"
> in GPO(OU), but it not work, is it anything I get mistake?

Hi,

The solution to this would be to redirect the Application Data Folder
using Group Policy to a location on the server instead. That way it
won’t be part of the profile and won’t upload and download on
logon/logoff. Do the Application Data the same way you do My
Documents.

Cheers,

Lara
Anonymous
September 12, 2005 2:06:08 PM

Hi,

You can try to exclude registry files in the calculation of the profile
size.

Also when user close the app, usually the temp files in the profile will be
deleted (such as in the case of MS Office), and the profile will decrease in
size. User will be able to logoff.

Pls see below.

User Config\Administrative Templates\System\User Profiles\Limit profile size

"Sets the maximum size of each user profile and determines the system's
response when a user profile reaches the maximum size. If you disable this
setting or do not configure it, the system does not limit the size of user
profiles. If you enable this setting, you can do the following: -- Set a
maximum permitted user profile size; -- Determine whether the registry
files are included in the calculation of the profile size; -- Determine
whether users are notified when the profile exceeds the permitted maximum
size; -- Specify a customized message notifying users of the oversized
profile; -- Determine how often the customized message is displayed.
Note: This setting affects both local and roaming profiles."

br,
Denis

!