Outlook + OE default delete buttons

A trivial thing I know, but my Logitech mouse auto-jumps to any default
button.
If I delete items from Outlook, the 'Yes" button is highlighted as default &
the cursor jumps to there.
With OE, it's the reverse.
Does anyone know of any Reg.. change so OE 'Yes" becomes the default.
A I said, petty thing, but the no. of times I automatically click on "NO'
out of habit tends to become a bit irritable, as I then have to use another
2 mouse actions to get it right.

--
johnf
2 answers Last reply

    Open Mouse Properties...
    Start | Run | Type: control mouse | OK |
    Pointer Options tab | UNCheck: ? Automatically move pointer to the default
    button in a dialog box | Apply | OK

    [[Specifies whether the mouse pointer snaps to the default button (such as
    OK or Apply) in dialog boxes. In some programs, Snap To may cause the
    pointer to automatically move to the center of the dialog box rather than to
    the default button.]]

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:%23h5MWN6FFHA.1408@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
    johnf <john_f@bigpond.net.a> hunted and pecked:

    "johnf" <john_f@bigpond.net.a> wrote in message
    >A trivial thing I know, but my Logitech mouse auto-jumps to any default
    >button.
    > If I delete items from Outlook, the 'Yes" button is highlighted as default
    > & the cursor jumps to there.
    > With OE, it's the reverse.
    > Does anyone know of any Reg.. change so OE 'Yes" becomes the default.
    > A I said, petty thing, but the no. of times I automatically click on "NO'
    > out of habit tends to become a bit irritable, as I then have to use
    > another 2 mouse actions to get it right.

    The programmer decides which dialog box button is default, you only get to
    decide whether or not your mouse will "jump" there.

Default Outlook Windows XP