Sign in with
Your question

MS Habu

Last response: in Components
February 1, 2007 8:37:28 AM

I recently bought one because my MX518 decided to die.

I got a Habu because they never had any G5/7s in ):

And now, I am wishing I would have just used my awesome Ball mouse while I waited for a G5/7 to be in stock.

My main issue really is the Mouse Wheel. I can't scroll at all, every 5 lines I go down it goes up 3.

If I could fix this, and go back to the way it was out of the box, I would be in love again. If there is no way to fix this, then I'll have to buy a G5/7.... Kind of lame that I have to replace a mouse because the mouse wheel breaks two weeks into it's life span.

any suggestions? I never bought any warranty on it because I'm a dumbass, so if the only way to fix it is to open it up I'm all game for that.

More about : habu

February 1, 2007 9:40:41 AM

Where did you buy it from that they won't exchange it? Most stored have a 15 or 30 day(or longer) exchange policy...
February 1, 2007 10:12:04 AM

If you install it's driver, you will be able to change/regulate a lot of things, like speed, etc. I have customized mice to my tastes many times, rather than getting a new mouse.
Related resources
February 1, 2007 10:55:24 AM

Future shop, and it's too late to return it ):
February 1, 2007 12:31:11 PM

I occasionally get this problem with my Logitech 510mx. Sometimes when I scroll down it goes up (using the wheel). It is most likely the driver or software it uses not the mouse itself.

Try uninstalling any software/driver that you have for it then reinstall it. Usually fixes mine right up for a while, about every couple months I get the same issue tho and have to do it over again. New driver for my mouse hasn't been released in so long I assume its something I have to live with and its better than losing $ on getting a replacement for a while.
February 1, 2007 1:35:30 PM

Did you update the firmware? this mouse is very tricky on its initial setup I've been around computers all my life and by far this is most difficult peripheral I've had to install the razer website instructions are unclear for flashing the mouse just do a search for installing the firmware and one of the main thins to look for is that you have to plug in the mouse while holding the profile button if done correctly the mouse will not light up you also need to download both the razer program and the habu program. And don't forget to uninstall all drivers before reinstalling it. Remember also that this is a very sensitive mouse so it might also be settings related
February 1, 2007 7:43:46 PM

It's still broken. I really think it's a hardware problem and not a software.
February 1, 2007 8:35:02 PM

Quote:
It's still broken. I really think it's a hardware problem and not a software.

I'd keep it as a spare and go buy a G5... Its a great mouse you'll definitely be happy you made the change...
February 2, 2007 2:40:32 AM

I bought a G7, and I can't be more happy to have that classic feel back in my hands.

The Habu was a very well designed mouse, but the hardware in it was trash.
!