silly mistake: denied admins access to management console ..

Tags:
  • Policy
  • Management
  • Consoles
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
September 12, 2005 3:43:58 PM

Hi All,

By mistake, a customer denied by group policy the access to the management
console to admins (domain admin group) - should have been normal users...

Now by starting mmc, he get's an errormessage telling him he cannot run the
console because of lacking rights in the policy....

What can I do? How to re-gain the right starting mmc / administering group
policies?

TIA
Rainer

More about : silly mistake denied admins access management console

Anonymous
September 12, 2005 7:16:36 PM

Hi,

Rainer Hausbach schrieb:
> By mistake, a customer denied by group policy the access to the management
> console to admins (domain admin group) - should have been normal users...

Take a look at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;294257

HTH
Mark
--
Mark Heitbrink - MVP Windows Server
Homepage: www.gruppenrichtlinien.de

> Hi,
>
> Rainer Hausbach schrieb:
>> By mistake, a customer denied by group policy the access to the
>> management
>> console to admins (domain admin group) - should have been normal users...
>
> Take a look at
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;294257
>
> HTH
> Mark

Hi Mark,

Thank you very much for your help - I'll give it a try...
Rainer
!