silly mistake: denied admins access to management console ..

Hi All,

By mistake, a customer denied by group policy the access to the management
console to admins (domain admin group) - should have been normal users...

Now by starting mmc, he get's an errormessage telling him he cannot run the
console because of lacking rights in the policy....

What can I do? How to re-gain the right starting mmc / administering group
policies?

TIA
Rainer
2 answers Last reply
More about silly mistake denied admins access management console

    Hi,

    Rainer Hausbach schrieb:
    > By mistake, a customer denied by group policy the access to the management
    > console to admins (domain admin group) - should have been normal users...

    Take a look at
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;294257

    HTH
    Mark
    --
    Mark Heitbrink - MVP Windows Server
    Homepage: www.gruppenrichtlinien.de

    > Hi,
    >
    > Rainer Hausbach schrieb:
    >> By mistake, a customer denied by group policy the access to the
    >> management
    >> console to admins (domain admin group) - should have been normal users...
    >
    > Take a look at
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;294257
    >
    > HTH
    > Mark

    Hi Mark,

    Thank you very much for your help - I'll give it a try...
    Rainer

Policy Management Consoles Windows