Creating Shares on DC's Without Server Operators Membership

Greetings, all!

My company has a need to allow some of the non-administrative IT staff to be
able to create shares on domain controllers. Without making these staff
members Server Operators, how can I allow them to perform this task? I'm
sure there is a few rights that I can assign, but I do not know what there
are.

Thanks for your time in advance,

- S
1 answer Last reply
More about creating shares server operators membership

    Hi,
    I'm not sure if you have to be able to log on locally to create a share,
    if so then you are probably talking about the "Log on locally" policy which
    is available either under "Local Security Policy" in control
    panel>administrative tools or if you use Active Directory then it is
    probably configured in a group policy on the Domain Controllers container of
    the Users and Computers MMC. In the GPO link look under Computer
    Configuration>Windows Settings>Security Settings>Local Policies>User Rights
    Assignment.

    Hope that helps!

    --
    Shaune

    "Steven Bendis" <StevenBendis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Greetings, all!
    >
    > My company has a need to allow some of the non-administrative IT staff to
    be
    > able to create shares on domain controllers. Without making these staff
    > members Server Operators, how can I allow them to perform this task? I'm
    > sure there is a few rights that I can assign, but I do not know what there
    > are.
    >
    > Thanks for your time in advance,
    >
    > - S

Microsoft Servers Windows