Group Policies fails on one computer

I have setup group policies for the computers on my network on a Windows
2000 Server. One of the computers fails to apply de policies while the
others work fine.

After some research I've found an error on the events log:

Id. 1030: Windows can't make a query to the group policies objects list.
(This is a translation, text in english may not be the same).

I've checket the network. The computer has access to the SysVol. But I can't
find why it happens. Has somebody any idea of what can cause the problem?

Thanks!

Regards,
Angel.
3 answers Last reply
More about group policies fails computer

    Hi Angel,

    Read the following article:

    Client computers record Event ID 1030 and Event ID 1058 when DFS is not
    started on a Windows 2000-based domain controller at
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;834649

    Regards,

    Thanks fot the suggestion. But I've checked the DFS service and it's
    running. I can access the SysVol shared folder from the computer that is
    having the problems with policies. Also other computers on the network works
    as espected so I think it must be some problem relative to the client
    computer.

    The GPMC reported an error on this computer about using input/output
    operation at the same time when appling the policies. I don't know what can
    be the reason.

    Regards,
    Angel.

    > Hi Angel,
    >
    > Read the following article:
    >
    > Client computers record Event ID 1030 and Event ID 1058 when DFS is not
    > started on a Windows 2000-based domain controller at
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;834649
    >
    > Regards,

    Hi Lara,

    Thanks for the suggestions. I've checked DNS config but it seems to work
    fine. The computer name and ip shows correct on the DNS entry. I've also
    tried to change IP on the client computer and this has been reflected on the
    DNS server. Any way I've tryed the ipconfig flush and register comands but
    nothing solver the group policies problems. :-(

    Regards,
    Angel.

    > Try checking and seeing if DNS is working fine on the computer. Go to
    > the DNS server and delete any forward and reverse entries for that
    > computers name and then logon to the computer and type ipconfig
    > /flushdns and ipconfig /registerdns at the command line.
    >
    > I found GP issues when the IP of the machine is not the same as the IP
    > in DNS.

Computers Windows