Group Policies fails on one computer

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
September 15, 2005 2:34:39 PM

I have setup group policies for the computers on my network on a Windows
2000 Server. One of the computers fails to apply de policies while the
others work fine.

After some research I've found an error on the events log:

Id. 1030: Windows can't make a query to the group policies objects list.
(This is a translation, text in english may not be the same).

I've checket the network. The computer has access to the SysVol. But I can't
find why it happens. Has somebody any idea of what can cause the problem?

Thanks!

Regards,
Angel.
Anonymous
September 15, 2005 2:34:40 PM

Hi Angel,

Read the following article:

Client computers record Event ID 1030 and Event ID 1058 when DFS is not
started on a Windows 2000-based domain controller at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;834649

Regards,
Anonymous
September 15, 2005 8:18:27 PM

Thanks fot the suggestion. But I've checked the DFS service and it's
running. I can access the SysVol shared folder from the computer that is
having the problems with policies. Also other computers on the network works
as espected so I think it must be some problem relative to the client
computer.

The GPMC reported an error on this computer about using input/output
operation at the same time when appling the policies. I don't know what can
be the reason.

Regards,
Angel.

> Hi Angel,
>
> Read the following article:
>
> Client computers record Event ID 1030 and Event ID 1058 when DFS is not
> started on a Windows 2000-based domain controller at
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;834649
>
> Regards,
Anonymous
September 19, 2005 2:16:19 PM

Hi Lara,

Thanks for the suggestions. I've checked DNS config but it seems to work
fine. The computer name and ip shows correct on the DNS entry. I've also
tried to change IP on the client computer and this has been reflected on the
DNS server. Any way I've tryed the ipconfig flush and register comands but
nothing solver the group policies problems. :-(

Regards,
Angel.

!