terminal server logon

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
September 16, 2005 12:26:12 PM

hi everyone,

what is proper way to setup the terminal server 2000 so users can logon
remotely in ad evironment?

I setup the ts in application server mode and add the ts users group on the
local security policy which allow the group to logon locally. it works on
one server not the other. I really don't know why...the only thing I saw is
different is that one the ts license server you can see the license issued
to the server which worked...

please help...

thanks a lot

al
--

More about : terminal server logon

Anonymous
September 16, 2005 2:52:08 PM

it's checked. to clarify, when users try to logon, it says '...the current
connection is only available to administrators...'. users with admin
priviledges can logon.

any thoughts/suggestions?

thanks

al
--
007

"wtk" wrote:

> hi everyone,
>
> what is proper way to setup the terminal server 2000 so users can logon
> remotely in ad evironment?
>
> I setup the ts in application server mode and add the ts users group on the
> local security policy which allow the group to logon locally. it works on
> one server not the other. I really don't know why...the only thing I saw is
> different is that one the ts license server you can see the license issued
> to the server which worked...
>
> please help...
>
> thanks a lot
>
> al
September 16, 2005 3:40:57 PM

In news:7329669C-CD38-4E16-9D34-21E360F27B37@microsoft.com,
wtk <wtk@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> hi everyone,
>
> what is proper way to setup the terminal server 2000 so users can
> logon remotely in ad evironment?
>
> I setup the ts in application server mode and add the ts users group
> on the local security policy which allow the group to logon locally.
> it works on one server not the other. I really don't know why...the
> only thing I saw is different is that one the ts license server you
> can see the license issued to the server which worked...
>
> please help...
>
> thanks a lot
>
> al

Make sure all users have "allow logon to terminal server" checked in their
ADUC properties, and that your license server is functioning properly for
the server in question, and try again.

Note that this question would best be posted in
microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services.
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 8:29:19 PM

"wtk" <wtk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> it's checked. to clarify, when users try to logon, it says '...the
> current
> connection is only available to administrators...'. users with admin
> priviledges can logon.
>
> any thoughts/suggestions?

Not sure - I've never seen this. Try posting in the TS group as I suggested.

!