terminal server logon

hi everyone,

what is proper way to setup the terminal server 2000 so users can logon
remotely in ad evironment?

I setup the ts in application server mode and add the ts users group on the
local security policy which allow the group to logon locally. it works on
one server not the other. I really don't know why...the only thing I saw is
different is that one the ts license server you can see the license issued
to the server which worked...

please help...

thanks a lot

al
More about terminal server logon

    it's checked. to clarify, when users try to logon, it says '...the current
    connection is only available to administrators...'. users with admin
    priviledges can logon.

    any thoughts/suggestions?

    thanks

    al
    --
    007

    In news:7329669C-CD38-4E16-9D34-21E360F27B37@microsoft.com,
    wtk <wtk@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
    > hi everyone,
    >
    > what is proper way to setup the terminal server 2000 so users can
    > logon remotely in ad evironment?
    >
    > I setup the ts in application server mode and add the ts users group
    > on the local security policy which allow the group to logon locally.
    > it works on one server not the other. I really don't know why...the
    > only thing I saw is different is that one the ts license server you
    > can see the license issued to the server which worked...
    >
    > please help...
    >
    > thanks a lot
    >
    > al

    Make sure all users have "allow logon to terminal server" checked in their
    ADUC properties, and that your license server is functioning properly for
    the server in question, and try again.

    Note that this question would best be posted in
    microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services.

    "wtk" <wtk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > it's checked. to clarify, when users try to logon, it says '...the
    > current
    > connection is only available to administrators...'. users with admin
    > priviledges can logon.
    >
    > any thoughts/suggestions?

    Not sure - I've never seen this. Try posting in the TS group as I suggested.

    > thanks
    >
    > al
    > --
    > 007
    >

    > "wtk" wrote:
    >
    >> hi everyone,
    >>
    >> what is proper way to setup the terminal server 2000 so users can logon
    >> remotely in ad evironment?
    >>
    >> I setup the ts in application server mode and add the ts users group on
    >> the
    >> local security policy which allow the group to logon locally. it works
    >> on
    >> one server not the other. I really don't know why...the only thing I saw
    >> is
    >> different is that one the ts license server you can see the license
    >> issued
    >> to the server which worked...
    >>
    >> please help...
    >>
    >> thanks a lot