GPO Domain Login

I have a Windows 2000 AD network with Windows 2000 workstations. I just
created a new GPO and want to force the users to login to the domain and
remove the drop down menu option from CTRL ALT Delete that allows them to
login to the local PC. I looked at all options inside the GPO but could not
find where to do this.

Thanks,
Barry B.
2 answers Last reply
More about domain login

    Hi,

    Barry B. schrieb:
    > I have a Windows 2000 AD network with Windows 2000 workstations. I just
    > created a new GPO and want to force the users to login to the domain and
    > remove the drop down menu option from CTRL ALT Delete that allows them to
    > login to the local PC. I looked at all options inside the GPO but could not
    > find where to do this.

    Thats because there is no policy like that :-(

    But I don´t see a problem, with the local logon, because the
    Domain-User Account can only logon at the AD and if your Users
    want to logon locally, they have to know a local account that
    can do this. With Default Settings, you only have the local
    Administrator account, so if the users don´t know the
    password ...

    HTH
    Mark
    --
    Mark Heitbrink - MVP Windows Server
    Homepage: www.gruppenrichtlinien.de

    >I have a Windows 2000 AD network with Windows 2000 workstations. I
    >just created a new GPO and want to force the users to login to the
    >domain and remove the drop down menu option from CTRL ALT Delete that
    >allows them to login to the local PC. I looked at all options inside
    >the GPO but could not find where to do this.

    There is no GPO. Just remove all the Local Users groups on the
    Machines except Administrator and the other Defaults. Reset the local
    Administrators password. Then they can’t logon locally.

    Cheers,

    Lara

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-GPO-Domain-Login-ftopict422662.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1414779