Enable/Disable the Http 1.1 Proxy settings through W2K Ser..

Hi, is there any way that i could apply a group policy through my Domain to
enable/disable the "use http 1.1 through proxy connections" settings in IE6.
All my client are using Windows XP Pro (with SP2). Please help.

--
The International School of Penang (Uplands)

Hi aznan,

If you want to use true policies you need to deploy a hotfix available thru
Microsoft in the following article:

WinINet ignores the policies that you set when you create a custom
administrative template file in Windows XP with Service Pack 2 at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;904710

This is an administrative template to do what you need.
;-----------------Begin Code---------------
CLASS USER

CATEGORY !!Internet

CATEGORY !!ProxySettings
POLICY "Use HTTP 1.1"
KEYNAME "Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings"
VALUENAME EnableHttp1_1
VALUEON NUMERIC 1
VALUEOFF NUMERIC 0
END POLICY

POLICY "Use HTTP 1.1 Through Proxy Connections"
KEYNAME "Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings"
VALUENAME ProxyHttp1.1
VALUEON NUMERIC 1
VALUEOFF NUMERIC 0
END POLICY
END CATEGORY

END CATEGORY

[strings]
Internet="Internet Explorer Advanced Settings"
ProxySettings="HTTP 1.1 Settings"
;----------------End Code------------------

If you do not want to use True policies just replace the "keyname" with the
one on Mark Heitbrink post.

Regards,

Hi,

aznan schrieb:
> Hi, is there any way that i could apply a group policy through my Domain to
> enable/disable the "use http 1.1 through proxy connections" settings in IE6.
> All my client are using Windows XP Pro (with SP2). Please help.

Create an own ADM Template. The relevant registry entries are:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\
Internet Settings\EnableHttp1_1= "0x00000001"

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\
Internet Settings\ProxyHttp1.1= "0x00000001"

Mark
--
Mark Heitbrink - MVP Windows Server
Homepage: www.gruppenrichtlinien.de

Hi,

VMM schrieb:
> If you do not want to use True policies just replace the "keyname"
> with the one on Mark Heitbrink post.

Usally I create tattoing ADM templates, because I really
want them to apply, even if the policy is deleted ;-)

Mark
--
Mark Heitbrink - MVP Windows Server
Homepage: www.gruppenrichtlinien.de
W2K FAQ : http://w2k-faq.ebend.de
PM: Vorname@Homepage, Versende-Adresse wird nicht abgerufen.

Mark , thanks for the reply. I am not very good in creating an .adm files ,
can you please explain to me on how to create them from scratch and then how
to integrate them onto my Domain Policy.

One more question , what is the Http 1.1 Proxy for ?

Please help

--

"Mark Heitbrink [MVP]" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> VMM schrieb:
> > If you do not want to use True policies just replace the "keyname"
> > with the one on Mark Heitbrink post.
>
> Usally I create tattoing ADM templates, because I really
> want them to apply, even if the policy is deleted ;-)
>
> Mark
> --
> Mark Heitbrink - MVP Windows Server
> Homepage: www.gruppenrichtlinien.de
> W2K FAQ : http://w2k-faq.ebend.de
> PM: Vorname@Homepage, Versende-Adresse wird nicht abgerufen.

Thanks Mark , it works now..

Thanks to you too VMM
--

aznan schrieb:
> Mark , thanks for the reply. I am not very good in creating an .adm files ,
> can you please explain to me on how to create them from scratch

Just take the template VMM posted.
Be aware, there is a line break. Keyname should be in one line.

> and then how to integrate them onto my Domain Policy.

Administrative template - right mouse klick - import ... ;-)

> One more question , what is the Http 1.1 Proxy for ?

That http 1.1 is used even over a proxy connection

Mark
--
Mark Heitbrink - MVP Windows Server
Homepage: www.gruppenrichtlinien.de
W2K FAQ : http://w2k-faq.ebend.de
PM: Vorname@Homepage, Versende-Adresse wird nicht abgerufen.

nashwiremis

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
This may sound like a stupid question, and I don't know that anyone will reply, but I am a newbie to group policy and cannot seem to create a tattooing adm. I would like to just use the registry settings discussed instead of deploying a hotfix and then using group policy. Is there a tutorial on it? Do you have a tattooing adm already written?

Thanks much.