No display with DVI cable on GeForce2 MX400

3mil

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2002
I have installed Nvidia Geforce2 MX400 64MB and a Philips 150P2 LCD monitor via DVI to DVI cable. But there is no display when I start the computer, not even the message from the BIOS. I have an P4 Intel D850MVL M.B. When I connect the VGA (D-sub) cable between monitor and computer it works fine. I hope you can help me to solve the problem.
Thanks you all.
Emil

3mil

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2002
First of all, thank you for response. It seems you are the only one who answers (until now)

My nvidia videocard outputs: D-sub, TVout (Svideo) and DVI-I.
My LCD monitor inputs: D-sub and DVI-D.
Normally DVI-I is including both digital and analog signal.
My cable is DVI-D dual link.

I’m very curios to know how I must setup the DVI connection to function.
Someone told me that, for a Matrox videocard with D-sub and DVI, he must start first the computer with the D-sub and a normal CRT monitor, he must setup “digital monitor” in “display properties” in Windows, and only after that his Matrox will start in DVI mode. Even if he powers-off the computer (or if he unpluggs the power cable), his computer starts in DVI. Is it the same thing in my case?
That’s why I’m asking the owners of nvidia or ATI videocards, which have used or have been using DVI, what’s their procedure to setup the DVI connection.

DVI USERS, PLEASE ANSWER, THIS PROBLEM IS REALLY “KILLING” ME.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by 3mil on 06/06/02 04:53 AM.</EM></FONT></P>