Disabling the "simple file sharing" option through W2K Dom..

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
September 21, 2005 8:23:02 AM

Hi , is there a policy in W2K Server Domain policy to enable/disable the
simple file sharing option in XP Pro Clients. If not is there any adm file
available ?

Please help
--
The International School of Penang (Uplands)
Anonymous

Hi aznan,

Use the following Administrative Template:
;-----------------------------------------------
CLASS MACHINE

CATEGORY !!category
CATEGORY !!WindowsExplorer

POLICY !!SimpleFileSharing
KEYNAME "SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa"
EXPLAIN !!SimpleFileSharing_Explain
VALUENAME "ForceGuest"
VALUEON NUMERIC 1
VALUEOFF NUMERIC 0
END POLICY

END CATEGORY
END CATEGORY

[strings]
category = "Custom Policy Settings"
SimpleFileSharing = "Simple File Sharing"
WindowsExplorer = "Windows Explorer"
SimpleFileSharing_Explain = "Enable to enable Use simple file sharing.
Disable to disable Use simple file sharing."

Regards,
February 6, 2006 4:19:29 PM

I am also trying to disable the "Use simple file sharing", with the domain policy. I am not sure what you mean by, use this administrative template. I have uploaded new administrative templates in the past, but I don't know what to do with yours? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike
!