Disabling the "simple file sharing" option through W2K Dom..

Hi , is there a policy in W2K Server Domain policy to enable/disable the
simple file sharing option in XP Pro Clients. If not is there any adm file
available ?

Please help
--
The International School of Penang (Uplands)
2 answers Last reply

    Hi aznan,

    Use the following Administrative Template:
    ;-----------------------------------------------
    CLASS MACHINE

    CATEGORY !!category
    CATEGORY !!WindowsExplorer

    POLICY !!SimpleFileSharing
    KEYNAME "SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa"
    EXPLAIN !!SimpleFileSharing_Explain
    VALUENAME "ForceGuest"
    VALUEON NUMERIC 1
    VALUEOFF NUMERIC 0
    END POLICY

    END CATEGORY
    END CATEGORY

    [strings]
    category = "Custom Policy Settings"
    SimpleFileSharing = "Simple File Sharing"
    WindowsExplorer = "Windows Explorer"
    SimpleFileSharing_Explain = "Enable to enable Use simple file sharing.
    Disable to disable Use simple file sharing."

    Regards,
  2. I am also trying to disable the "Use simple file sharing", with the domain policy. I am not sure what you mean by, use this administrative template. I have uploaded new administrative templates in the past, but I don't know what to do with yours? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Mike

Policy File Sharing Windows