sbgirling

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2007
I recently built 2 identical systems, one for me (PC#1), and one for a friend (PC#2). The specs are:

COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-UW Case
Antec True Power Trio TP3-550 ATX12V 550W Power Supply
ABIT AB9 Motherboard
CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
DIAMOND X1950PRO512PCIE Radeon X1950PRO Video Card
2 DVD Burners
1 Samsung SATA 400 GB Hard Drive
ViewSonic VG2230wm 22" Monitor

The only differences are:

PC #2 has an Intel C2D E6600(not OCed) instead of an e6300 (OCed to 2.34 Ghrtz)
PC #2 has a second SATA hard drive (Samsung 500 GB)

The issue with PC #2 is that it will not boot up when I take it to his house. After i built PC #2 i installed Windows, patches, etc using his monitor at my house. He took the entire setup home and it wouldn't boot (motherboard code 25). The system powers on but we get no video and no boot up. I brought it back to my house, hooked it up to my Viewsonic monitor and it boots fine. I also hooked it up to a separate KVM at my house and again, no problems.

He has tried this in several places in his home with the same result. Both of our house were built withing the past 5 years, but I'm wondering if it somehow isn't getting enough power. We are both at a pretty high frustration point. I don't wanna drag my PC over to his house, but that is about the only thing I can think of at this point.

It just seems really strange that we would be getting post code 25 (which is no VGA I believe) at his house only. Any thoughts or suggestions?

RJ

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2004
I recently built 2 identical systems, one for me (PC#1), and one for a friend (PC#2). The specs are:

COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-UW Case
Antec True Power Trio TP3-550 ATX12V 550W Power Supply
ABIT AB9 Motherboard
CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
DIAMOND X1950PRO512PCIE Radeon X1950PRO Video Card
2 DVD Burners
1 Samsung SATA 400 GB Hard Drive
ViewSonic VG2230wm 22" Monitor

The only differences are:

PC #2 has an Intel C2D E6600(not OCed) instead of an e6300 (OCed to 2.34 Ghrtz)
PC #2 has a second SATA hard drive (Samsung 500 GB)

The issue with PC #2 is that it will not boot up when I take it to his house. After i built PC #2 i installed Windows, patches, etc using his monitor at my house. He took the entire setup home and it wouldn't boot (motherboard code 25). The system powers on but we get no video and no boot up. I brought it back to my house, hooked it up to my Viewsonic monitor and it boots fine. I also hooked it up to a separate KVM at my house and again, no problems.

He has tried this in several places in his home with the same result. Both of our house were built withing the past 5 years, but I'm wondering if it somehow isn't getting enough power. We are both at a pretty high frustration point. I don't wanna drag my PC over to his house, but that is about the only thing I can think of at this point.

It just seems really strange that we would be getting post code 25 (which is no VGA I believe) at his house only. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Bring his monitor to your house. Sounds like a monitor prob. If your comp won't post with his monitor, you know it's the monitor.

equalizer00

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2006
I believe that I had a similar problem with a code of 25 on my AB9. Try unplugging the keyboard and powering on the computer. This may sound stupid, but I've discovered that for some strange reason, this made it work for me. Try unplugging the keyboard and starting the computer. If startup reaches windows, plug in the keyboard and restart the computer. Looking in the motherboard manual, the computer tries to recognize I/O resources before the video card. That's the most that I've been able to figure out.