Nathyrra evil?

Her character sheet says that she's Lawful Evil, but she doesn't behave like
one. Comments?
14 answers Last reply
More about nathyrra evil

    She has to be classed as evil in order to be an assassin - she's clearly
    not. Someone asked this same question not long ago.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    "AJMAN" <AJman@ABC.com> wrote in message
    > Her character sheet says that she's Lawful Evil, but she doesn't behave
    like
    > one. Comments?

    "AJMAN" <AJman@ABC.com> wrote in message
    > Her character sheet says that she's Lawful Evil, but she doesn't behave
    > like one. Comments?

    She is a recent convert and has much to atone for before being recognized as
    good.

    Much stranger in my opinion is that The Valsharess is chaotic good.
    AJMAN wrote:
    > Her character sheet says that she's Lawful Evil, but she doesn't behave like
    > one. Comments?

  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    M!ke wrote:
    > Much stranger in my opinion is that The Valsharess is chaotic good.

    There are more than one Valsharess in the game. The blueprint is chaotic
    good, but the one you meet at the end of chapter 2 is chaotic evil.

    Hans
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    Is she? Now THAT is weird...
    I wonder if Bioware got the alighments of the two characters mixed up...
    "M!ke" <nospamm1k3@atlas.cz> wrote in message
    > Much stranger in my opinion is that The Valsharess is chaotic good.
    > AJMAN wrote:
    >> Her character sheet says that she's Lawful Evil, but she doesn't behave
    >> like one. Comments?
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    AJMAN wrote:

    > Is she? Now THAT is weird...
    > I wonder if Bioware got the alighments of the two characters mixed

    Obviously the developers don't bother very much with the alignment of
    characters in cutscenes. I remember Irenicus, the bad boy in BG 2. He
    appeared in a good aligned version when the player wasn't supposed to
    fight him. In the final fight he was evil.

    Hans
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    Hans Wein wrote:

    > Obviously the developers don't bother very much with the alignment of
    > characters in cutscenes. I remember Irenicus, the bad boy in BG 2. He
    > appeared in a good aligned version when the player wasn't supposed to
    > fight him.

    Good, as were the bandits who held Jaheira hostage at one point.

    > In the final fight he was evil.

    Evil, as was the head of the Temple of Lathander, and the major-domo of
    the de'Arnise Keep.

    You know who else isn't evil? Maugrim, from the OC.

    Sadly, your first line is still true if you leave out the last two words.

    "Obviously the developers don't bother very much with the alignment of
    characters."
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    Kish wrote:
    > You know who else isn't evil? Maugrim, from the OC.
    >
    > Sadly, your first line is still true if you leave out the last two words.
    >
    > "Obviously the developers don't bother very much with the alignment of
    > characters."

    Actually, I think it's a form of "immunity to Protections spells". Boss
    characters usually have a lot of immunities. Making them Neutral keeps
    them from being affected by Aura Against Alignment and Protection
    Against Alignment spells. Just another tool to make up for the
    horrendous monster AI.
    --
    Barry Scott Will
    Pyric RPG Publications

    In this particular case (and others too) it's a plot thing too. As far
    as you character knows (at that point of the game) Maugrim is good. Only
    at later point of the game does Maugrim's actions reveal him as evil.

    This is not a bad thing at all. Not every is supposed to be "obviously"
    evil.

    Nathyrra's case is more vague. Her actions (and storyline) definitely
    make her good. I agree too, that it most likely the Assassin thing. Plus
    isn't she an underdark drow, which atleast in the game world appears to
    be looked on as an "evil race" (along with pretty much everything else
    you come across in the underdark)?

    > You know who else isn't evil? Maugrim, from the OC.

  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    vellu wrote:

    >> You know who else isn't evil? Maugrim, from the OC.
    >>
    > In this particular case (and others too) it's a plot thing too. As far
    > as you character knows (at that point of the game) Maugrim is good. Only
    > at later point of the game does Maugrim's actions reveal him as evil.

    I believe you're thinking of Desther? Maugrim is pretty much the known
    villain from the time you first hear his name.
    --
    Barry Scott Will
    Pyric RPG Publications

    vellu wrote:
    > In this particular case (and others too) it's a plot thing too. As far
    > as you character knows (at that point of the game) Maugrim is good. Only
    > at later point of the game does Maugrim's actions reveal him as evil.

    As Barry noted, you're talking about Desther (who is also not coded as
    evil). Even if Desther was the character in question, what does
    anything you're saying have to do with his /coded/ alignment?

    > This is not a bad thing at all.

    You're right. It's a horrendous thing.

    > Not every is supposed to be "obviously"
    > evil.

    Relevance?

    > Plus
    > isn't she an underdark drow, which atleast in the game world appears to
    > be looked on as an "evil race" (along with pretty much everything else
    > you come across in the underdark)?

    Again, how is that even slightly relevant?
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    AJMAN wrote:
    > Her character sheet says that she's Lawful Evil, but she doesn't behave like
    > one. Comments?

    She'd need to have an evil alignment to continue levelling up as an
    assassin. Some of the Bioware designers don't let roleplaying
    considerations get in the way of an "interesting" character build, and I
    suppose they felt they needed to showcase the assassin PRC, and have an
    "evil" henchman if the player chose an evil PC.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    "Brian G. Vaughan" <foolishowl_hates_spam@peoplepc.com> wrote in message
    > AJMAN wrote:
    >> Her character sheet says that she's Lawful Evil, but she doesn't behave
    >> like one. Comments?
    >
    > She'd need to have an evil alignment to continue levelling up as an
    > assassin. Some of the Bioware designers don't let roleplaying
    > considerations get in the way of an "interesting" character build, and I
    > suppose they felt they needed to showcase the assassin PRC, and have an
    > "evil" henchman if the player chose an evil PC.

    Still weird because she doesn't behave like one. I mean, if you're going to
    make an evil NPC at least you should make him/her speak like an evil NPC...
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    > "Brian G. Vaughan" <foolishowl_hates_spam@peoplepc.com> wrote in message
    >> AJMAN wrote:
    >>> Her character sheet says that she's Lawful Evil, but she doesn't behave
    >>> like one. Comments?
    >>
    >> She'd need to have an evil alignment to continue levelling up as an
    >> assassin. Some of the Bioware designers don't let roleplaying
    >> considerations get in the way of an "interesting" character build, and I
    >> suppose they felt they needed to showcase the assassin PRC, and have an
    >> "evil" henchman if the player chose an evil PC.
    >
    > Still weird because she doesn't behave like one. I mean, if you're going
    > to make an evil NPC at least you should make him/her speak like an evil
    > NPC...

    There was a thread about this recently. You could probably go to google and
    search it out.

    She is a recent convert. The evil things she has done most of her life have
    yet to be offset by the good.

Games Video Games