newbie question about henchmen

the manual says I can have 2 henchmen at a time, but game only lets me have
one at a time. what's wrong?

You can only have two henchmen/women in HotU, or a user made module
especially designed to allow you two.
Stanley Rexwinkle wrote:
> the manual says I can have 2 henchmen at a time, but game only lets me have
> one at a time. what's wrong?

The original NWN campaign will only allow you to have one henchmen. The new
system of having 2 henchmen started in SoU (If I remember correctly).
Apparently they don't add new features, besides the epic classes and
abilities, to the original campaign.
"Stanley Rexwinkle" <hahntsak@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> the manual says I can have 2 henchmen at a time, but game only lets me
> have one at a time. what's wrong?

thanks, I got Neverwinter Nights Platinum and the manual doesn't distiguish
this. it would be nice if they said that in original and HOU you got 1
henchman and sou 2. I got the BG mod that let me have 5 henchman... or some
were companions.. any way thanks.

AJMAN wrote:
> The original NWN campaign will only allow you to have one henchmen. The new
> system of having 2 henchmen started in SoU (If I remember correctly).
> Apparently they don't add new features, besides the epic classes and
> abilities, to the original campaign.

IIRC, SoU still only allowed one henchperson at a time. This was
increased to two in HotU; although, you can now build modules to allow
as many henchmen as you (the builder) desire.
--
Barry Scott Will
Pyric RPG Publications

Barry Scott Will wrote:
> AJMAN wrote:
>
>>The original NWN campaign will only allow you to have one henchmen. The new
>>system of having 2 henchmen started in SoU (If I remember correctly).
>>Apparently they don't add new features, besides the epic classes and
>>abilities, to the original campaign.
>

> IIRC, SoU still only allowed one henchperson at a time.

Yeah, you're right. If you try to add a second one, you'll get a message
saying you already have someone with you.