PRODUCT KEY PROBLEM

HI I HAVE RECENTLY REINSTALLED WINDOWS XP HOME SP1A BUT IT WONT LET ME
ACTIVATE IT, IT IS A LEGAL COPY AND THE DISC IS MINE. HOW DO I ACTIVATE XP?

I KNOW ACTIVATION IS LINKED TO HARDWARE CONFIG BUT IT IS THE SAME AS IT WAS
BEFORE YET IT WONT ACTIVATE MESSAGE IS...

"...THE NUMBER OF TIMES YOU CAN ACTIVATE WINDOWS WITH THIS PRODUCT KEY HAS
BEEN EXCEEDED..."
1 answer Last reply
More about product problem

    Hi TEEN342,

    You're going to have to choose the option to activate by phone, then call
    the number displayed for Microsoft.

    Regards,

    --
    Patti MacLeod
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "TEEN342" <TEEN342@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > HI I HAVE RECENTLY REINSTALLED WINDOWS XP HOME SP1A BUT IT WONT LET ME
    > ACTIVATE IT, IT IS A LEGAL COPY AND THE DISC IS MINE. HOW DO I ACTIVATE
    XP?

    > I KNOW ACTIVATION IS LINKED TO HARDWARE CONFIG BUT IT IS THE SAME AS IT
    WAS
    > BEFORE YET IT WONT ACTIVATE MESSAGE IS...
    >
    > "...THE NUMBER OF TIMES YOU CAN ACTIVATE WINDOWS WITH THIS PRODUCT KEY HAS
    > BEEN EXCEEDED..."

Microsoft Windows XP