yes, i know i am stupid...mobo help

feky

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2006
I have a k8n Neo4....today, being stupid, I went to the BIOS and under advanced chipset features, set timing to manual and changed the first option(it said memory interface something, and the mhz in brackets) from 200mhz to 250 mhz. Now, I have no idea what I was doing. This is why I am stupid. But bigger is better, right? When I saved and exited, my computer was all light up and going as normal, but my monitor stayed black. When I did a hard shutdown, and started it up again - computer looked like it was going as normal but monitor said no signal input nomatter what i did. I can't reach the bios again. I tried two different monitors. What have I done and how do I fix it?
I'd like to apologise to everybody who loves computers for my stupidity, and thank you for reading this and your help.

Bache

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006
I have a k8n Neo4....today, being stupid, I went to the BIOS and under advanced chipset features, set timing to manual and changed the first option(it said memory interface something, and the mhz in brackets) from 200mhz to 250 mhz. Now, I have no idea what I was doing. This is why I am stupid. But bigger is better, right? When I saved and exited, my computer was all light up and going as normal, but my monitor stayed black. When I did a hard shutdown, and started it up again - computer looked like it was going as normal but monitor said no signal input nomatter what i did. I can't reach the bios again. I tried two different monitors. What have I done and how do I fix it?
I'd like to apologise to everybody who loves computers for my stupidity, and thank you for reading this and your help.
Don't call yourself stupid or others will :lol:

Reset BIOS by - short, open or shift jumper for a few seconds.

scorch

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2004
I did the same thing except with the memory timings. I pulled the battery, waited a few min, put the battery back in and computer booted up fine.