bimmerbill

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2007
Ok, my Newegg order should arrive tomorrow and I will start building my PC.

What programs does anyone recommend to stress test memory, graphics cards, etc? I like to run the PC for a while to check operation of components and temperatures.

Thanks,
Bill

skyguy

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
-Prime 95 for CPU
-3DMark06 for GPU (if you're going with ATI, get ATI Tool and use the stuff contained within that program to heat/test/benchmark)

skyguy

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
Yes it is, highly recommended to test RAM for errors. Prime 95 actually lets you stress the RAM so Memtest is more for errors than simple stress testing, to be honest. But download Memtest and burn the .iso to a CD/DVD....no more need for a floppy ;)

Also, get CoreTemp and Speedfan to monitor your temps and volts, etc. Highly recommended, everyone uses them as the standard.

TheLaughingMan

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
Yes it is, highly recommended to test RAM for errors. Prime 95 actually lets you stress the RAM so Memtest is more for errors than simple stress testing, to be honest. But download Memtest and burn the .iso to a CD/DVD....no more need for a floppy ;)

Also, get CoreTemp and Speedfan to monitor your temps and volts, etc. Highly recommended, everyone uses them as the standard.

off topic but just build my computer last night, couldn't help notice that Skyguy has almost the some components as me. How long did it take you to manage all the cables when you built it?

skyguy

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
HA!!! Too stinkin long :roll:

Actually, I'm very anal about wiring and cable management :oops: So it's taken me a long time, and I'm still not done......gonna drill through the mobo to finish off a few things. But I love to tinker, so this is good therapy for me LOL.

Shoot me a PM and add me to your buddy list, and I'll send you some pics when I get it all done.

Depends how hardcore you wanna go. But patience and zip ties are your best friends ;)

BTW, I see you live in Hoggtown...cool......I used to live there at Bathurst and College :D

TRENDING THREADS