PRODUCT KEY PROBLEM

HI I HAVE RECENTLY REINSTALLED WINDOWS XP HOME SP1A BUT IT WONT LET ME
ACTIVATE IT, IT IS A LEGAL COPY AND THE DISC IS MINE. HOW DO I ACTIVATE XP?

I KNOW ACTIVATION IS LINKED TO HARDWARE CONFIG BUT IT IS THE SAME AS IT WAS
BEFORE YET IT WONT ACTIVATE MESSAGE IS...

"...THE NUMBER OF TIMES YOU CAN ACTIVATE WINDOWS WITH THIS PRODUCT KEY HAS
BEEN EXCEEDED..."
2 answers Last reply
More about product problem

    Hi there, telephone Microsoft and activate over the telephone.
    http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/activation.mspx
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/evaluation/features/activation.mspx

    BTW, please don't use all caps on the newsgroup as it is considered rude and
    shouting.

    "TEEN342" wrote:

    > HI I HAVE RECENTLY REINSTALLED WINDOWS XP HOME SP1A BUT IT WONT LET ME
    > ACTIVATE IT, IT IS A LEGAL COPY AND THE DISC IS MINE. HOW DO I ACTIVATE XP?
    >
    > I KNOW ACTIVATION IS LINKED TO HARDWARE CONFIG BUT IT IS THE SAME AS IT WAS
    > BEFORE YET IT WONT ACTIVATE MESSAGE IS...
    >
    > "...THE NUMBER OF TIMES YOU CAN ACTIVATE WINDOWS WITH THIS PRODUCT KEY HAS
    > BEEN EXCEEDED..."

    Call the phone number provided to activate.

    Please do not post in all caps. It is considered impolite.

    "TEEN342" <TEEN342@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > HI I HAVE RECENTLY REINSTALLED WINDOWS XP HOME SP1A BUT IT WONT LET ME
    > ACTIVATE IT, IT IS A LEGAL COPY AND THE DISC IS MINE. HOW DO I ACTIVATE
    > XP?
    >
    > I KNOW ACTIVATION IS LINKED TO HARDWARE CONFIG BUT IT IS THE SAME AS IT
    > WAS
    > BEFORE YET IT WONT ACTIVATE MESSAGE IS...
    >
    > "...THE NUMBER OF TIMES YOU CAN ACTIVATE WINDOWS WITH THIS PRODUCT KEY HAS
    > BEEN EXCEEDED..."

Microsoft Windows XP