PRODUCT KEY PROBLEM

February 20, 2005 9:21:02 PM

HI I HAVE RECENTLY REINSTALLED WINDOWS XP HOME SP1A BUT IT WONT LET ME
ACTIVATE IT, IT IS A LEGAL COPY AND THE DISC IS MINE. HOW DO I ACTIVATE XP?

I KNOW ACTIVATION IS LINKED TO HARDWARE CONFIG BUT IT IS THE SAME AS IT WAS
BEFORE YET IT WONT ACTIVATE MESSAGE IS...

"...THE NUMBER OF TIMES YOU CAN ACTIVATE WINDOWS WITH THIS PRODUCT KEY HAS
BEEN EXCEEDED..."

More about : product key problem

Anonymous
February 20, 2005 10:25:01 PM

Hi there, telephone Microsoft and activate over the telephone.
http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/activation.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/evaluation/features/...

BTW, please don't use all caps on the newsgroup as it is considered rude and
shouting.

"TEEN342" wrote:

> HI I HAVE RECENTLY REINSTALLED WINDOWS XP HOME SP1A BUT IT WONT LET ME
> ACTIVATE IT, IT IS A LEGAL COPY AND THE DISC IS MINE. HOW DO I ACTIVATE XP?
>
> I KNOW ACTIVATION IS LINKED TO HARDWARE CONFIG BUT IT IS THE SAME AS IT WAS
> BEFORE YET IT WONT ACTIVATE MESSAGE IS...
>
> "...THE NUMBER OF TIMES YOU CAN ACTIVATE WINDOWS WITH THIS PRODUCT KEY HAS
> BEEN EXCEEDED..."
Anonymous
February 20, 2005 11:13:51 PM

Call the phone number provided to activate.

Please do not post in all caps. It is considered impolite.

!