strange audio on mitsubishi HS-U778 recording hdtv

Last response: in Home Theatre
June 14, 2004 4:08:18 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.vcr,alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

taping from HBO HDTV.

recently tapings on my mits u778, when replayed, have been troubled
by a ticking clock sound, sounds like a wind-up clock going tick tock,
tick tock, ... annoying.

i pushed the audio button on the remote and was offered four
not on R or mono. so i am replaying using the R setting.

where did the clock come from, and can i remove it and return to normal
stereo audio? is it in the hdtv signal or an artifact of the vcr?

i used to have a panasonic high end vcr in this position, and this
never happened at that time.
--
getting out of bed in the morning is an act of false confidence
- jules feifer

arthur wouk wrote:

> recently tapings on my mits u778, when replayed, have been troubled
> by a ticking clock sound, sounds like a wind-up clock going tick tock,
> tick tock, ... annoying.

It's a bomb! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! <g>
Anonymous
June 14, 2004 6:30:13 PM

I have an SCPC analog receiver that has sub-IF frequencies that send
out a time-based signal that sounds like a clock......do you have one of
those old style analog SCPC units and it is cross-feeding audio somehow
through an audio circuit in an A/V receiver or A/V switcher? I know this
is a LONGSHOT,but I thought I would suggest it anyway.
Related resources
June 15, 2004 12:06:24 AM

In article <1087236508.624701@irys.nyx.net>, awouk@blackhole.nyx.net (arthur wouk) wrote:
>taping from HBO HDTV.
>
>recently tapings on my mits u778, when replayed, have been troubled
>by a ticking clock sound, sounds like a wind-up clock going tick tock,
>tick tock, ... annoying.
>
>i pushed the audio button on the remote and was offered four
>not on R or mono. so i am replaying using the R setting.
>
>where did the clock come from, and can i remove it and return to normal
>stereo audio? is it in the hdtv signal or an artifact of the vcr?
>
>i used to have a panasonic high end vcr in this position, and this
>never happened at that time.
YOu basiclally have isolated it to the left HIFI audio channel. It could just
need a simple cleaning. Have you recently played an old or possibly grundgy
video tape( like a rental tape)? I suggest a head and tape path cleaning.
Anonymous
June 15, 2004 3:30:39 AM

In article <2829-40CE18E5-491@storefull-3252.bay.webtv.net>,
SAC 441 <SAC441@webtv.net> wrote:
:I have an SCPC analog receiver that has sub-IF frequencies that send
:o ut a time-based signal that sounds like a clock......do you have one of
:those old style analog SCPC units and it is cross-feeding audio somehow
:through an audio circuit in an A/V receiver or A/V switcher? I know this
:is a LONGSHOT,but I thought I would suggest it anyway.
:

so far in my tests, i have shown that a tape prepared on another
machine lacks the clock sounds. i am changing the tape in the mits
u778 to see if there is something on the tape which does this. i will
study my a/v receiver to see if it is doing something along these
lines. (it is behiving strangely in other ways at the moment so this is
not out of the question.)
--
getting out of bed in the morning is an act of false confidence
- jules feifer
to email me, delete blackhole. from my return address
June 15, 2004 7:54:56 AM

In article <40CE0DEC.B99711FB@home.com>, ric <nospam@home.com> wrote:
>arthur wouk wrote:
>
>> recently tapings on my mits u778, when replayed, have been troubled
>> by a ticking clock sound, sounds like a wind-up clock going tick tock,
>> tick tock, ... annoying.
>
>It's a bomb! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! <g>

Its a liberal conspiracy. Its on the left side

;o)
Anonymous
June 15, 2004 7:54:57 AM

GMAN wrote:

> >> recently tapings on my mits u778, when replayed, have been troubled
> >> by a ticking clock sound, sounds like a wind-up clock going tick tock,
> >> tick tock, ... annoying.
> >
> >It's a bomb! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! <g>
>
> Its a liberal conspiracy. Its on the left side

OOOH...better follow that with a <gdr>, eh? Good one...
Anonymous
June 15, 2004 3:49:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.vcr,alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

chnaging the tape seems to have cured it. the problem was in the
vcr.
--
!