Help with Office Professional 2000

I just loaded XP on my machine (had Millenium Edition) I used Office
Professional 2000 and it now takes Microsoft Word for ever to come up. Is
Office Professional 2000 not really compatible with XP, or do I just need to
reload the disk?

Thank You
--
JEFFREY S.........
5 answers Last reply

    It is fully compatible, even Office 97 works fine. Reload/
    repair Office...see the Help menu

    "Jeffrey S." <JeffreyS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    |I just loaded XP on my machine (had Millenium Edition) I
    used Office
    | Professional 2000 and it now takes Microsoft Word for ever
    to come up. Is
    | Office Professional 2000 not really compatible with XP, or
    do I just need to
    | reload the disk?
    |
    | Thank You
    | --
    | JEFFREY S.........

    And defrag the hard drive. Installations leave the hard drive pretty
    fragmented.

    > It is fully compatible, even Office 97 works fine. Reload/
    > repair Office...see the Help menu
    >

    > "Jeffrey S." <JeffreyS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > message
    > |I just loaded XP on my machine (had Millenium Edition) I
    > used Office
    > | Professional 2000 and it now takes Microsoft Word for ever
    > to come up. Is
    > | Office Professional 2000 not really compatible with XP, or
    > do I just need to
    > | reload the disk?
    > |
    > | Thank You
    > | --
    > | JEFFREY S.........

    Not running a Norton program, by any chance?

    --

    johnf

    >I just loaded XP on my machine (had Millenium Edition) I used Office
    > Professional 2000 and it now takes Microsoft Word for ever to come up.
    > Is Office Professional 2000 not really compatible with XP, or do I just
    > need to reload the disk?
    >
    > Thank You
    > --
    > JEFFREY S.........

    I have been running Norton Utilities (or Norton Systemworks) along with
    Office 95, 97, 2000, XP, and now 2003). I have never seen any problems or
    interactions.

    What are you driving at John? Is there something I don't know of, or have
    escaped the consequences of?

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban

    aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    "johnf" <john_f@bigpond.net.a> wrote in message
    > Not running a Norton program, by any chance?
    >
    > --
    >
    > johnf
    >
    >>I just loaded XP on my machine (had Millenium Edition) I used Office
    >> Professional 2000 and it now takes Microsoft Word for ever to come up.
    >> Is Office Professional 2000 not really compatible with XP, or do I just
    >> need to reload the disk?
    >>
    >> Thank You
    >> --
    >> JEFFREY S.........

    I am running Norton Anti Virus- Internet Security.

    "johnf" wrote:

    > Not running a Norton program, by any chance?
    >
    > --
    >
    > johnf
    >
    > >I just loaded XP on my machine (had Millenium Edition) I used Office
    > > Professional 2000 and it now takes Microsoft Word for ever to come up.
    > > Is Office Professional 2000 not really compatible with XP, or do I just
    > > need to reload the disk?
    > >
    > > Thank You
    > > --
    > > JEFFREY S.........