Help with Office Professional 2000

I just loaded XP on my machine (had Millenium Edition) I used Office
Professional 2000 and it now takes Microsoft Word for ever to come up. Is
Office Professional 2000 not really compatible with XP, or do I just need to
reload the disk?

Thank You
--
JEFFREY S.........

It is fully compatible, even Office 97 works fine. Reload/
repair Office...see the Help menu

"Jeffrey S." <JeffreyS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
|I just loaded XP on my machine (had Millenium Edition) I
used Office
| Professional 2000 and it now takes Microsoft Word for ever
to come up. Is
| Office Professional 2000 not really compatible with XP, or
do I just need to
| reload the disk?
|
| Thank You
| --
| JEFFREY S.........

And defrag the hard drive. Installations leave the hard drive pretty
fragmented.

> It is fully compatible, even Office 97 works fine. Reload/
> repair Office...see the Help menu
>

> "Jeffrey S." <JeffreyS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message
> |I just loaded XP on my machine (had Millenium Edition) I
> used Office
> | Professional 2000 and it now takes Microsoft Word for ever
> to come up. Is
> | Office Professional 2000 not really compatible with XP, or
> do I just need to
> | reload the disk?
> |
> | Thank You
> | --
> | JEFFREY S.........

johnf

Not running a Norton program, by any chance?

--

johnf

>I just loaded XP on my machine (had Millenium Edition) I used Office
> Professional 2000 and it now takes Microsoft Word for ever to come up.
> Is Office Professional 2000 not really compatible with XP, or do I just
> need to reload the disk?
>
> Thank You
> --
> JEFFREY S.........

I have been running Norton Utilities (or Norton Systemworks) along with
Office 95, 97, 2000, XP, and now 2003). I have never seen any problems or
interactions.

What are you driving at John? Is there something I don't know of, or have
escaped the consequences of?

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"johnf" <john_f@bigpond.net.a> wrote in message
> Not running a Norton program, by any chance?
>
> --
>
> johnf
>
>>I just loaded XP on my machine (had Millenium Edition) I used Office
>> Professional 2000 and it now takes Microsoft Word for ever to come up.
>> Is Office Professional 2000 not really compatible with XP, or do I just
>> need to reload the disk?
>>
>> Thank You
>> --
>> JEFFREY S.........

I am running Norton Anti Virus- Internet Security.