Sign in with
Your question

Hosting and Joining with 2 PC's connected to a router

Last response: in Networking
September 21, 2006 3:07:20 PM

I am having trouble with my router.

When I HOST a game with 1 PC and I want to join the game with another PC on the same router it doesn't work!

Both the PC's are connected to a D-LINK ADSL 504T Router
but I can't find the problem.

I've tried everything.....if someone can just help me with this
I will be forever greatful
September 21, 2006 4:19:59 PM

What game? Checked to see if windows firewall or any other security software might be blocking the connection? If it's an older game, do you have the correct protocol (IPX?) installed?
September 21, 2006 4:55:46 PM

Warcraft III-Battle.net
I disabled my Windows firewall.

What I forgot to say is that I am HOSTED a game ONLINE with 1 PC and
the other PC is failed to join
Related resources
September 21, 2006 5:03:44 PM

Are you using battle.net?
September 21, 2006 5:11:31 PM

Yes
September 21, 2006 5:20:57 PM

You need to open the appropriate ports in your firewall to be able to host games. I think it's 6112 or something like that, and for each computer you need a different port. So something like 6112 and 6113 I think.

If you google a bit you should be able to find the Blizzard faq that tells you exactly what you need to do.
September 21, 2006 5:27:53 PM

I hav no problem with hosting and my ports are 6119 and 6112,
its joining the hosting PC with my other PC.

I can host with both, but can't join one another.
September 21, 2006 8:07:41 PM

I'm not sure if what you want to do will work, just due to the way NAT works. Typically, you can't access NAT'ed services from the LAN side of a router. Because Blizzard chooses to route everything through Battle.net, this might be where your problem lies.

But as I said, I know Blizzard has a FAQ floating around and it should be able to answer your question. I googled for it, but couldn't readily find it.
Anonymous
September 22, 2006 4:14:46 AM

Try setting your Router to PORT TRIGGERING for the battlenet ports that are used.

Make sure that the service user is ANY and not pointing to a specific IP address on the network.
!