VISTA, DUAL CORE, SLI? 650 Watts for modern system, minimun.

thomasxstewart

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2006
:lol: One thing that'll make your system more smooth & error free is more power. With 4 memory slots, hard drives in 4 or 6 unit arrays, two 16X slots powered, HD audio, Dual core, & all those plug ins. Come on folk, XP needs at least 650 Watts of power & it will be completely new experience. $ Too much? Well one I bought from ebay was $20 plus. Works like champ & never had so stable system. I admit Vista has problems that go beyond power, However.

With Vista you really need to wait for reviwes that have sought out high end quality that is probably beyond anything made today, yet not that far off. Yet, when you fall back to XP, after wasting your license, that extra power will be quality experience you had hoped for, something that works, always.

Signed:pHYSICIAN THOMAS STEWART VON DRASHEK M.D.

tool_462

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
Sadly enough, there will be no more posting from Mr. Stewart. His computer lies in a heap of molten PCB and aluminum due to a PSU explosion... RIP Mr. Stewart's PC :cry:

f1nal_0men

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
:lol: One thing that'll make your system more smooth & error free is more power. With 4 memory slots, hard drives in 4 or 6 unit arrays, two 16X slots powered, HD audio, Dual core, & all those plug ins. Come on folk, XP needs at least 650 Watts of power & it will be completely new experience. $ Too much? Well one I bought from ebay was $20 plus. Works like champ & never had so stable system. I admit Vista has problems that go beyond power, However.

With Vista you really need to wait for reviwes that have sought out high end quality that is probably beyond anything made today, yet not that far off. Yet, when you fall back to XP, after wasting your license, that extra power will be quality experience you had hoped for, something that works, always.

I was starting to write a huge rant about everything you wrote is mostly misinformation, instead of saving everyones time...

1- An OS will not determine your max power usage.
2- Never buy a no-name PSU, no matter how many watts. Low quality components, and low voltage make them timebombs.
3- A PSU does not determine how 'smooth' your gaming expierence is, unless you didn't have enough power for your system in the first place.
4- All OS suck when they first get released (Microsoft OS anyway). XP is a good, solid (for the most part) OS today because it's so old, and has been refined.
5- Why did you post your full name and occupation?
a)Your not a real physician
b)Very unlikely-but you are a physician, and you just want to let people know how important you are.

Valtiel

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2005

Well! Since your a medical doctor of course I'll go with your advice. You're right the people on this forum have no IDEA what they are talking about. Your name is even in caps that makes it extra special :wink: .

Signed:VALTIEL

tool_462

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
Doh! Forgot to add that.

SIGNED: TOOL_$^@

Yeah that's my name with the shift key held down, and yes, I did caps "SIGNED" because it makes me uber.

Dade_0182

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
Sadly enough, there will be no more posting from Mr. Stewart. His computer lies in a heap of molten PCB and aluminum due to a PSU explosion... RIP Mr. Stewart's PC :cry:
How did you know. No reply...go figure

SIGNED: DADE_)!*@

This is fun, looks like I'm swearing at someone. :lol:

Malazan

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2007
What a silly silly boy, obviously blew his stack on "cool" gear and spent peanuts on a "boring" core component like the PSU, and blew his computer up.

apt403

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
Yeah, all you need to have a great computer is a leet case, some uber lighting, and mad h4x0ring skillz, thats all that matters. Whatever you put in there will be the best computer on earth, it must be, because mommy says whatever you touch is very special, just like you. I know you found your MD in a box of crackerjacks, we all do.

SIGNED: !##& APT$)#.