How do you kill that @#$#!@#!$ lump of meat known as the E..

I tried many times, but I only ended up in the Peaceful World where I
resisted the illustion, fought a couple of monster, and then stuck in the
map with no way of getting out of it. Has anyone here even managed to
assassinate the Elder Brain?

AJMAN wrote:
> I tried many times, but I only ended up in the Peaceful World where I
> resisted the illustion, fought a couple of monster, and then stuck in the
> map with no way of getting out of it. Has anyone here even managed to
> assassinate the Elder Brain?

Quite easily. You have a nasty bug, it sounds like. Killing the
monsters should transport you back to the Elder Brain.

Be aware, though, that killing the Elder Brain will not hurt the
Valsharess's illithid allies. Of course, helping the illithid could
have worse consequences in the future...

"Kish" <Kish_K@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> AJMAN wrote:
>> I tried many times, but I only ended up in the Peaceful World where I
>> resisted the illustion, fought a couple of monster, and then stuck in the
>> map with no way of getting out of it. Has anyone here even managed to
>> assassinate the Elder Brain?
>
> Quite easily. You have a nasty bug, it sounds like. Killing the monsters
> should transport you back to the Elder Brain.
>
> Be aware, though, that killing the Elder Brain will not hurt the
> Valsharess's illithid allies. Of course, helping the illithid could have
> worse consequences in the future...

If that's the case, is there any way I can fix that using the toolset?

AJMAN wrote:
> "Kish" <Kish_K@pacbell.net> wrote in message
>> AJMAN wrote:
>>> I tried many times, but I only ended up in the Peaceful World
>>> where I resisted the illustion, fought a couple of monster, and
>>> then stuck in the map with no way of getting out of it. Has anyone
>>> here even managed to assassinate the Elder Brain?
>>
>> Quite easily. You have a nasty bug, it sounds like. Killing the
>> monsters should transport you back to the Elder Brain.
>>
>> Be aware, though, that killing the Elder Brain will not hurt the
>> Valsharess's illithid allies. Of course, helping the illithid
>> could have worse consequences in the future...
>
> If that's the case, is there any way I can fix that using the
> toolset?

The toolset can't help you with an already running module. One
way to get out of your trouble is to use the console and jump
back to the area where the Elder Brain lives. IIRC you have two
options then: Ether to accept his surrendering offer or continue
the fight. If that doesn't work you may still jump back to town
and accept the subquest as spoiled. You will have to fight some
Illithids later on for that, but this shouldn't cause too much problems.

Hans

"Hans Wein" <hwein_nospam_@gmx.net> wrote in message
AJMAN wrote:
> "Kish" <Kish_K@pacbell.net> wrote in message
>> AJMAN wrote:
>>> I tried many times, but I only ended up in the Peaceful World
>>> where I resisted the illustion, fought a couple of monster, and
>>> then stuck in the map with no way of getting out of it. Has anyone
>>> here even managed to assassinate the Elder Brain?
>>
>> Quite easily. You have a nasty bug, it sounds like. Killing the
>> monsters should transport you back to the Elder Brain.
>>
>> Be aware, though, that killing the Elder Brain will not hurt the
>> Valsharess's illithid allies. Of course, helping the illithid
>> could have worse consequences in the future...
>
> If that's the case, is there any way I can fix that using the
> toolset?

The toolset can't help you with an already running module. One
way to get out of your trouble is to use the console and jump
back to the area where the Elder Brain lives. IIRC you have two
options then: Ether to accept his surrendering offer or continue
the fight. If that doesn't work you may still jump back to town
and accept the subquest as spoiled. You will have to fight some
Illithids later on for that, but this shouldn't cause too much problems.

Hum... right. What is the code for the area where the Elder Brain is?

AJMAN wrote:

> Hum... right. What is the code for the area where the Elder Brain is?

Try the following console command:

dm_jumptopoint 74 74 q2dgrandhall

I can't say exactly what happens then, because there are too many
variables involved.

HTH
Hans