Sound Blaster Audigy 4 and front panel audio connector

Santa29

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2007
I have the sound blast audigy 4 and a p5B motherboard. I don't know how to get the front audio panel of my case working, I plug the front audio panel connector to the motherboard and it doesn't work, so I was wondering if someone can chime in and give me some advice, thanks.

If you are using a sound card, you cannot use the front panel audio connection on the motherboard. Disconnect the cable and RETURN THE JUMPERS TO WHERE THEY WERE. Not that you did wrong, just that the jumpers should be placed back where you took them off.
If your sound card has a front panel audio, you can connect that.

torque79

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
I have the sound blast audigy 4 and a p5B motherboard. I don't know how to get the front audio panel of my case working, I plug the front audio panel connector to the motherboard and it doesn't work, so I was wondering if someone can chime in and give me some advice, thanks.

I have the same issue, because there is no "standard intel" front panel audio connector on an audigy 4 soundcard. I find that to be absurd, that the most well known soundcard brand, with what used to be their highest end soundcard (audigy 4) does not have a case panel connector??

on the other hand, my case also has some seperate individual pin connectors (asus 900 case) and the case manual says I can use those instead if i can figure out the pin configuration on my soundcard without a standard panel connector. I did not want to put up with the headache of trying to find out what the pin configuration of my soundcard is (and if this is even possible anyways) so I gave up at that point.