Latest BIOS for Gigabyte?

scryer_360

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
I have a Gigabyte P965 S3. The latest BIOS is version F8, is it any good? Im plannng on eventually getting Vista (hae my upgrade coupon from Newegg when I got Xp with it), and running a 1333 FSB is eventually a possibility. Will it help in overclocking?

I have heard some negative talk about F8...

Jizumonkey

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
Someone somewhere is always going to moan about some problem they had, most of the time I find bad press is not warranted. These manufacturers do test these releases before they pass them to the general public and once it's passed as a full version I'm happy enough with that.

Plus you also have a month between the F7 and the F8 which tells me they changed very little (release notes say FSB flexibility only), unlike the DS3 which has had three updates inside a month after problems were found. I still used the latest F10 and guess what....nothing whatsoever wrong.

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/BIOS_Model.aspx?ClassValue=Motherboard&ProductID=2321&ProductName=GA-965P-S3

The only way to know for sure is give it a try, if you dont like the idea of that then follow BIOS updating golden rule number 1, printed in 20 different languages and set in stone at the gates to heaven just so there's no confusion - If you're not having issues, don't update. :)

Roasted_Monk

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2007
You just answered my question. I'm running F6 bios. Just built the system 2 days ago. Overcloking the 4300 to 3.0 and everything is perfect. was wondering if I should update the bios...but you're right. If everything is giggidy...don't touch it.