Windows 7 keyboard wrong characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomservo3k

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
Hello, Everything worked great (all same hardware) until I changed from win 7 32bit to 64bit. In normal windows everything is fine, but in Java and Silverlight/WPF programs (including VS2010 and logmein) "sometimes" typing letters will enter numbers in sequence. That is, I type "hello" and "01234" go into the file. But not all the time. I installed latest drivers and tried another keyboard. Same result. Any ideas would be appreciated. I've never seen anything like this before.

Solution
I was in contact with the offending program manufacturer, and they solved my problem. It was Comcast Constant Guard that was the culprit. I uninstalled the Constant Guard program and all works correctly now.

:??:

armac

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2011
I have the same problem with 'DeLorme Street Atlas USA 2009' and a couple of other apps in a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. I've tried different keyboards, same problem. Switching to another app and the entries work fine. Back to Street Atlas, same sequential numbers regardless of what I type. I had to type into Notepad, copy and paste to get the program to work. I just found out that other form entry lines work fine in the program, just the search is messed up with the sequential numbers 0-9 and repeats with 0 again.

I use this program reguarly in Windows XP without problems. The problem is irritating in Windows 7.

armac

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2011
I was in contact with the offending program manufacturer, and they solved my problem. It was Comcast Constant Guard that was the culprit. I uninstalled the Constant Guard program and all works correctly now.

:??:

Solution

tomservo3k

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011

Indeed, I uninstalled Comcast Constant Guard (which I didn't care for anyway) and the problem is gone. Thank you for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.