Restore Hidden Folders on Start Menu ?

Hi guys,

On my Start Menu under Programs I right-clicked a folder in there and
selected Hidden (this folder only), I did this from the Start Menu itself (I
had 'enable drag and dropping set') and now I can't restore it. I tried
using Explorer to find the folder I hid and it's there, its properties don't
even have the Hidden box checked. How do I get it to show up again ?

I'm using XP Pro (SP2).

Take care.
3 answers Last reply
More about restore hidden folders start menu

    "Robert A." <satan@invalid.org> wrote in message
    > Hi guys,
    >
    > On my Start Menu under Programs I right-clicked a folder in there and
    > selected Hidden (this folder only), I did this from the Start Menu itself
    > (I had 'enable drag and dropping set') and now I can't restore it. I tried
    > using Explorer to find the folder I hid and it's there, its properties
    > don't even have the Hidden box checked. How do I get it to show up again ?

    It sounds as though you've hidden the shortcut to the folder, not the actual
    folder. To unhide the shortcut, you'll need to enable the "Show hidden
    files and folders" and change the setting on the shortcut.

    To this from "My Computer". Select Tools | Folder Options... from the main
    menu then go to the "View" tab. Under "Advanced Options", select "Show
    hidden files and folders".

    If you want to hide the folder, you'll need to set the hide option on the
    folder, not the shortcut.

    Robert

    Name please of hidden item!

    --

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FCA

    Using invalid email address

    Stourport, Worcs, England
    Enquire, plan and execute.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please tell the newsgroup how any
    suggested solution worked for you.

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "Robert A." <satan@invalid.org> wrote in message
    > Hi guys,
    >
    > On my Start Menu under Programs I right-clicked a folder in there and
    > selected Hidden (this folder only), I did this from the Start Menu
    > itself (I had 'enable drag and dropping set') and now I can't restore
    > it. I tried using Explorer to find the folder I hid and it's there,
    > its properties don't even have the Hidden box checked. How do I get it
    > to show up again ?
    >
    > I'm using XP Pro (SP2).
    >
    > Take care.

    Works as it is supposed to here. But as you give no details noone can help you and ytour post is a waste of space.

    http://www.microscum.com/mscommunity/
    "Robert A." <satan@invalid.org> wrote in message news:uZ3LTZDGFHA.2568@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    > Hi guys,
    >
    > On my Start Menu under Programs I right-clicked a folder in there and
    > selected Hidden (this folder only), I did this from the Start Menu itself (I
    > had 'enable drag and dropping set') and now I can't restore it. I tried
    > using Explorer to find the folder I hid and it's there, its properties don't
    > even have the Hidden box checked. How do I get it to show up again ?
    >
    > I'm using XP Pro (SP2).
    >
    > Take care.

Start Menu Microsoft Windows XP