Restore Hidden Folders on Start Menu ?

Hi guys,

On my Start Menu under Programs I right-clicked a folder in there and
selected Hidden (this folder only), I did this from the Start Menu itself (I
had 'enable drag and dropping set') and now I can't restore it. I tried
using Explorer to find the folder I hid and it's there, its properties don't
even have the Hidden box checked. How do I get it to show up again ?

I'm using XP Pro (SP2).

Take care.

"Robert A." <satan@invalid.org> wrote in message
> Hi guys,
>
> On my Start Menu under Programs I right-clicked a folder in there and
> selected Hidden (this folder only), I did this from the Start Menu itself
> (I had 'enable drag and dropping set') and now I can't restore it. I tried
> using Explorer to find the folder I hid and it's there, its properties
> don't even have the Hidden box checked. How do I get it to show up again ?

It sounds as though you've hidden the shortcut to the folder, not the actual
folder. To unhide the shortcut, you'll need to enable the "Show hidden
files and folders" and change the setting on the shortcut.

To this from "My Computer". Select Tools | Folder Options... from the main
menu then go to the "View" tab. Under "Advanced Options", select "Show
hidden files and folders".

If you want to hide the folder, you'll need to set the hide option on the
folder, not the shortcut.

Robert

Name please of hidden item!

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCA

Using invalid email address

Stourport, Worcs, England
Enquire, plan and execute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please tell the newsgroup how any
suggested solution worked for you.

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Robert A." <satan@invalid.org> wrote in message
> Hi guys,
>
> On my Start Menu under Programs I right-clicked a folder in there and
> selected Hidden (this folder only), I did this from the Start Menu
> itself (I had 'enable drag and dropping set') and now I can't restore
> it. I tried using Explorer to find the folder I hid and it's there,
> its properties don't even have the Hidden box checked. How do I get it
> to show up again ?
>
> I'm using XP Pro (SP2).
>
> Take care.

Works as it is supposed to here. But as you give no details noone can help you and ytour post is a waste of space.

http://www.microscum.com/mscommunity/