Need Help with Help

I need to do a Restore on my XP Pro system, but when I click on Help nothing
happens. How can I do a restore if I can't start Help?

Thanks
6 answers Last reply
More about need help

    Do START>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore and then
    choose Restore My Computer To An Earlier Time. Choose the restore point to

    "Patch" <bob_acord@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I need to do a Restore on my XP Pro system, but when I click on Help
    >nothing
    > happens. How can I do a restore if I can't start Help?
    >
    > Thanks

    Patch,

    Click on Start---Accessories---System Tools---then click System Restore.

    Newtechie

    > Do START>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore and then
    > choose Restore My Computer To An Earlier Time. Choose the restore point

    > "Patch" <bob_acord@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >I need to do a Restore on my XP Pro system, but when I click on Help
    > >nothing
    > > happens. How can I do a restore if I can't start Help?
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >

    > Thanks to both of you, I'll give that a try.

    > Do START>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore and then
    > choose Restore My Computer To An Earlier Time. Choose the restore point

    That got me a restore point, but my help program still doesn't work!

    Try this kb article and post back with results.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;888018

    >> Do START>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore and then
    >> choose Restore My Computer To An Earlier Time. Choose the restore point
    >>
    >> --
    >

    > That got me a restore point, but my help program still doesn't work!

    Patch,

    Try this fix from Kelly's Korner: Line 235 on the LEFT
    Post back the results!

    Newtechie

    "Patch" <bob_acord@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > > Do START>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore and then
    > > choose Restore My Computer To An Earlier Time. Choose the restore point
    > >
    > > --
    > > Colin Barnhorst [MVP Windows - Virtual Machine]
    > > (Reply to the group only unless otherwise requested)
    >

    > That got me a restore point, but my help program still doesn't work!

Microsoft Windows XP