v 400 battery issues

I have a V400 and the battery has seemingly
failed in the course of a week. It says charging
complete in the morning, then if I only get three
calls by 2 in the afternoon, the battery is on it's
last legs. Is the V400 battery a weak design?
I have had nokia phones, and the life of the battery
would get shorter and shorter over time. This seems
unusual to me.

If I get a replacement, considering the way
my original (oem) battery has left me in the
lurch, is there any reason not to get a
generic?

Bernard
5 answers Last reply
More about battery issues

    Bernard Farquart wrote:

    > I have a V400 and the battery has seemingly
    > failed in the course of a week. It says charging
    > complete in the morning, then if I only get three
    > calls by 2 in the afternoon, the battery is on it's
    > last legs. Is the V400 battery a weak design?
    > I have had nokia phones, and the life of the battery
    > would get shorter and shorter over time. This seems
    > unusual to me.
    >
    > If I get a replacement, considering the way
    > my original (oem) battery has left me in the
    > lurch, is there any reason not to get a
    > generic?
    >
    > Bernard

    It may be the battery, or maybe the charger.

    --
    jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'

    You either have a bad battery, or a bad phone. My guess is the battery is
    bad. This is not normal V400 behavior.

    "Bernard Farquart" <bernardfarquart@hotmail.delete.com> wrote in message
    > I have a V400 and the battery has seemingly
    > failed in the course of a week. It says charging
    > complete in the morning, then if I only get three
    > calls by 2 in the afternoon, the battery is on it's
    > last legs. Is the V400 battery a weak design?
    > I have had nokia phones, and the life of the battery
    > would get shorter and shorter over time. This seems
    > unusual to me.
    >
    > If I get a replacement, considering the way
    > my original (oem) battery has left me in the
    > lurch, is there any reason not to get a
    > generic?
    >
    > Bernard

    Taking a moment's reflection, Bernard Farquart mused:

    | I have a V400 and the battery has seemingly
    | failed in the course of a week. It says charging
    | complete in the morning, then if I only get three
    | calls by 2 in the afternoon, the battery is on it's
    | last legs. Is the V400 battery a weak design?
    | I have had nokia phones, and the life of the battery
    | would get shorter and shorter over time. This seems
    | unusual to me.
    |
    | If I get a replacement, considering the way
    | my original (oem) battery has left me in the
    | lurch, is there any reason not to get a
    | generic?

    Seems the V400 battery I have is suffering the same thing. I have had
    the phone for less than a month, but it seems like the battery is only good
    for about 4 average length phone calls (20 - 30 minutes per call).

    In article <CZOvd.825$gt3.264@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    "DonR" <drennard@earthlink.net> wrote:

    > You either have a bad battery, or a bad phone. My guess is the battery is
    > bad. This is not normal V400 behavior.
    >
    > "Bernard Farquart" <bernardfarquart@hotmail.delete.com> wrote in message
    > > I have a V400 and the battery has seemingly
    > > failed in the course of a week. It says charging
    > > complete in the morning, then if I only get three
    > > calls by 2 in the afternoon, the battery is on it's
    > > last legs. Is the V400 battery a weak design?
    > > I have had nokia phones, and the life of the battery
    > > would get shorter and shorter over time. This seems
    > > unusual to me.
    > >
    > > If I get a replacement, considering the way
    > > my original (oem) battery has left me in the
    > > lurch, is there any reason not to get a
    > > generic?
    > >
    > > Bernard

    Doesnt the battery also have a 1 year warranty, like the phone?

    Jack Zwick wrote:
    > In article <CZOvd.825$gt3.264@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    > "DonR" <drennard@earthlink.net> wrote:
    >
    > > You either have a bad battery, or a bad phone. My guess is the
    battery is
    > > bad. This is not normal V400 behavior.
    > >
    > > "Bernard Farquart" <bernardfarquart@hotmail.delete.com> wrote in
    message
    > > > I have a V400 and the battery has seemingly
    > > > failed in the course of a week. It says charging
    > > > complete in the morning, then if I only get three
    > > > calls by 2 in the afternoon, the battery is on it's
    > > > last legs. Is the V400 battery a weak design?
    > > > I have had nokia phones, and the life of the battery
    > > > would get shorter and shorter over time. This seems
    > > > unusual to me.
    > > >
    > > > If I get a replacement, considering the way
    > > > my original (oem) battery has left me in the
    > > > lurch, is there any reason not to get a
    > > > generic?
    > > >
    > > > Bernard
    > > >

    > Doesnt the battery also have a 1 year warranty, like the phone?
    Yep, one year according to the date code on the battery.

Cingular Battery Internet Service Providers