v 400 battery issues

Last response: in Network Providers
December 15, 2004 6:56:02 AM

I have a V400 and the battery has seemingly
failed in the course of a week. It says charging
complete in the morning, then if I only get three
calls by 2 in the afternoon, the battery is on it's
last legs. Is the V400 battery a weak design?
I have had nokia phones, and the life of the battery
would get shorter and shorter over time. This seems
unusual to me.

If I get a replacement, considering the way
my original (oem) battery has left me in the
lurch, is there any reason not to get a
generic?

Bernard

More about : 400 battery issues

December 15, 2004 6:56:03 AM

Bernard Farquart wrote:

> I have a V400 and the battery has seemingly
> failed in the course of a week. It says charging
> complete in the morning, then if I only get three
> calls by 2 in the afternoon, the battery is on it's
> last legs. Is the V400 battery a weak design?
> I have had nokia phones, and the life of the battery
> would get shorter and shorter over time. This seems
> unusual to me.
>
> If I get a replacement, considering the way
> my original (oem) battery has left me in the
> lurch, is there any reason not to get a
> generic?
>
> Bernard

It may be the battery, or maybe the charger.

--
jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'
December 15, 2004 7:21:54 AM

You either have a bad battery, or a bad phone. My guess is the battery is
bad. This is not normal V400 behavior.

"Bernard Farquart" <bernardfarquart@hotmail.delete.com> wrote in message
> I have a V400 and the battery has seemingly
> failed in the course of a week. It says charging
> complete in the morning, then if I only get three
> calls by 2 in the afternoon, the battery is on it's
> last legs. Is the V400 battery a weak design?
> I have had nokia phones, and the life of the battery
> would get shorter and shorter over time. This seems
> unusual to me.
>
> If I get a replacement, considering the way
> my original (oem) battery has left me in the
> lurch, is there any reason not to get a
> generic?
>
> Bernard

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
December 15, 2004 8:59:08 AM

Taking a moment's reflection, Bernard Farquart mused:

| I have a V400 and the battery has seemingly
| failed in the course of a week. It says charging
| complete in the morning, then if I only get three
| calls by 2 in the afternoon, the battery is on it's
| last legs. Is the V400 battery a weak design?
| I have had nokia phones, and the life of the battery
| would get shorter and shorter over time. This seems
| unusual to me.
|
| If I get a replacement, considering the way
| my original (oem) battery has left me in the
| lurch, is there any reason not to get a
| generic?

Seems the V400 battery I have is suffering the same thing. I have had
the phone for less than a month, but it seems like the battery is only good
for about 4 average length phone calls (20 - 30 minutes per call).
Anonymous
December 15, 2004 3:01:23 PM

In article <CZOvd.825$gt3.264@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
"DonR" <drennard@earthlink.net> wrote:

> You either have a bad battery, or a bad phone. My guess is the battery is
> bad. This is not normal V400 behavior.
>
> "Bernard Farquart" <bernardfarquart@hotmail.delete.com> wrote in message
> > I have a V400 and the battery has seemingly
> > failed in the course of a week. It says charging
> > complete in the morning, then if I only get three
> > calls by 2 in the afternoon, the battery is on it's
> > last legs. Is the V400 battery a weak design?
> > I have had nokia phones, and the life of the battery
> > would get shorter and shorter over time. This seems
> > unusual to me.
> >
> > If I get a replacement, considering the way
> > my original (oem) battery has left me in the
> > lurch, is there any reason not to get a
> > generic?
> >
> > Bernard

Doesnt the battery also have a 1 year warranty, like the phone?
Anonymous
December 15, 2004 3:09:37 PM

Jack Zwick wrote:
> In article <CZOvd.825$gt3.264@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
> "DonR" <drennard@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> > You either have a bad battery, or a bad phone. My guess is the
battery is
> > bad. This is not normal V400 behavior.
> >
> > "Bernard Farquart" <bernardfarquart@hotmail.delete.com> wrote in
message
> > > I have a V400 and the battery has seemingly
> > > failed in the course of a week. It says charging
> > > complete in the morning, then if I only get three
> > > calls by 2 in the afternoon, the battery is on it's
> > > last legs. Is the V400 battery a weak design?
> > > I have had nokia phones, and the life of the battery
> > > would get shorter and shorter over time. This seems
> > > unusual to me.
> > >
> > > If I get a replacement, considering the way
> > > my original (oem) battery has left me in the
> > > lurch, is there any reason not to get a
> > > generic?
> > >
> > > Bernard
> > >

> Doesnt the battery also have a 1 year warranty, like the phone?
Yep, one year according to the date code on the battery.
!