Arcane Archer - Imbuing Arrows

Last response: in Video Games
December 29, 2004 4:40:34 PM

Hi,

I'm trying an Arcane Archer for the first time, and I'm confused about
'Imbue Arrows'.

I suppose I was expecting to be able to 'imbue' a quiver of standard arrows,
making them +1. But it doesn't seem to work.

It seems more geared to simply imbuing a single arrow, as I fire it.... tell
me... is this the biggest waste of time ever? Or am I understanding the
concept incorrectly?

Please advise.

Thanks all :D
Anonymous
December 29, 2004 5:18:20 PM

"Elliot J" <elliot.xxx@xxx.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying an Arcane Archer for the first time, and I'm confused about
> 'Imbue Arrows'.
>
> I suppose I was expecting to be able to 'imbue' a quiver of standard
> arrows, making them +1. But it doesn't seem to work.
>
> It seems more geared to simply imbuing a single arrow, as I fire it....
> tell me... is this the biggest waste of time ever? Or am I understanding
> the concept incorrectly?
>
> Please advise.
>
> Thanks all :D

I found this FAQ:
http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/neverwinter...

Which explains it all nicely, thanks :)
Anonymous
December 29, 2004 7:22:49 PM

Your AA will fire +1 arrows automatically (as long as the arrows you are
using are non-magical). Imbue is with fire damage attached and at first you
can only fire one per day - although you get more as you level up.

Best wishes
Maxon

"Elliot J" <elliot.xxx@xxx.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying an Arcane Archer for the first time, and I'm confused about
> 'Imbue Arrows'.
>
> I suppose I was expecting to be able to 'imbue' a quiver of standard
arrows,
> making them +1. But it doesn't seem to work.
>
> It seems more geared to simply imbuing a single arrow, as I fire it....
tell
> me... is this the biggest waste of time ever? Or am I understanding the
> concept incorrectly?
>
> Please advise.
>
> Thanks all :D

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
December 29, 2004 7:22:50 PM

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 16:22:49 GMT, "Maxon" <jen.magson@ntlworld.com>
wrote in Message-ID <tRAAd.521$D92.328@newsfe2-win.ntli.net>:

> Your AA will fire +1 arrows automatically (as long as the arrows you are
> using are non-magical).

That's incorrect; the arrows may be magical. The bonuses stack fine
-- contrary to the ingame description.

BTW, this discussion is about Enchant Arrow, which provides an Attack
Bonus and Damage Bonus. Imbue Arrow is the ability to shoot fireball
arrows.

--
=''' Lord Alexander
c-OO Bastions of War Team PvP Arena

Oh right - I thought it said in the manual that the arrows had to be
non-magical - I'll give it a try. Thanks for the info.

Wasn't I clear that Enchant and Imbue are two different things? Sorry. It
seems though the original poster was confusing the two.

Best wishes
Maxon

"Alec Usticke" <alec@usticke.org> wrote in message
> On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 16:22:49 GMT, "Maxon" <jen.magson@ntlworld.com>
> wrote in Message-ID <tRAAd.521$D92.328@newsfe2-win.ntli.net>:
>
> > Your AA will fire +1 arrows automatically (as long as the arrows you are
> > using are non-magical).
>
> That's incorrect; the arrows may be magical. The bonuses stack fine
> -- contrary to the ingame description.
>
> BTW, this discussion is about Enchant Arrow, which provides an Attack
> Bonus and Damage Bonus. Imbue Arrow is the ability to shoot fireball
> arrows.
>
> --
> =''' Lord Alexander
> c-OO Bastions of War Team PvP Arena
> \ http://www.bastionsofwar.com
> - Alec Usticke - alec@usticke.org
Anonymous
December 30, 2004 4:34:36 PM

Elliot J wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying an Arcane Archer for the first time, and I'm confused about
> 'Imbue Arrows'.
>
> I suppose I was expecting to be able to 'imbue' a quiver of standard arrows,
> making them +1. But it doesn't seem to work.
>
> It seems more geared to simply imbuing a single arrow, as I fire it.... tell
> me... is this the biggest waste of time ever? Or am I understanding the
> concept incorrectly?
>
> Please advise.
>
> Thanks all :D

It's just a single Fireball arrow, and you get more as you level up. I
find it's very helpful when facing a large group of foes. I save them
for backup, so when the time comes, they are there. I don't use them at
single foes, that would definitely be a waste, unless it's a very hard foe.
!