Arcane Archer - Imbuing Arrows

Hi,

I'm trying an Arcane Archer for the first time, and I'm confused about
'Imbue Arrows'.

I suppose I was expecting to be able to 'imbue' a quiver of standard arrows,
making them +1. But it doesn't seem to work.

It seems more geared to simply imbuing a single arrow, as I fire it.... tell
me... is this the biggest waste of time ever? Or am I understanding the
concept incorrectly?

Please advise.

Thanks all :D
5 answers Last reply
More about arcane archer imbuing arrows

    "Elliot J" <elliot.xxx@xxx.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm trying an Arcane Archer for the first time, and I'm confused about
    > 'Imbue Arrows'.
    >
    > I suppose I was expecting to be able to 'imbue' a quiver of standard
    > arrows, making them +1. But it doesn't seem to work.
    >
    > It seems more geared to simply imbuing a single arrow, as I fire it....
    > tell me... is this the biggest waste of time ever? Or am I understanding
    > the concept incorrectly?
    >
    > Please advise.
    >
    > Thanks all :D

    I found this FAQ:
    http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/neverwinter_nights_sou_arcane_archer.txt

    Which explains it all nicely, thanks :)

    Your AA will fire +1 arrows automatically (as long as the arrows you are
    using are non-magical). Imbue is with fire damage attached and at first you
    can only fire one per day - although you get more as you level up.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 16:22:49 GMT, "Maxon" <jen.magson@ntlworld.com>
    wrote in Message-ID <tRAAd.521$D92.328@newsfe2-win.ntli.net>:

    > Your AA will fire +1 arrows automatically (as long as the arrows you are
    > using are non-magical).

    That's incorrect; the arrows may be magical. The bonuses stack fine
    -- contrary to the ingame description.

    BTW, this discussion is about Enchant Arrow, which provides an Attack
    Bonus and Damage Bonus. Imbue Arrow is the ability to shoot fireball
    arrows.

    --
    =''' Lord Alexander
    c-OO Bastions of War Team PvP Arena

    Oh right - I thought it said in the manual that the arrows had to be
    non-magical - I'll give it a try. Thanks for the info.

    Wasn't I clear that Enchant and Imbue are two different things? Sorry. It
    seems though the original poster was confusing the two.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    "Alec Usticke" <alec@usticke.org> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 16:22:49 GMT, "Maxon" <jen.magson@ntlworld.com>
    > wrote in Message-ID <tRAAd.521$D92.328@newsfe2-win.ntli.net>:
    >
    > > Your AA will fire +1 arrows automatically (as long as the arrows you are
    > > using are non-magical).
    >
    > That's incorrect; the arrows may be magical. The bonuses stack fine
    > -- contrary to the ingame description.
    >
    > BTW, this discussion is about Enchant Arrow, which provides an Attack
    > Bonus and Damage Bonus. Imbue Arrow is the ability to shoot fireball
    > arrows.
    >
    > --
    > =''' Lord Alexander
    > c-OO Bastions of War Team PvP Arena
    > \ http://www.bastionsofwar.com
    > - Alec Usticke - alec@usticke.org
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    Elliot J wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm trying an Arcane Archer for the first time, and I'm confused about
    > 'Imbue Arrows'.
    >
    > I suppose I was expecting to be able to 'imbue' a quiver of standard arrows,
    > making them +1. But it doesn't seem to work.
    >
    > It seems more geared to simply imbuing a single arrow, as I fire it.... tell
    > me... is this the biggest waste of time ever? Or am I understanding the
    > concept incorrectly?
    >
    > Please advise.
    >
    > Thanks all :D

    It's just a single Fireball arrow, and you get more as you level up. I
    find it's very helpful when facing a large group of foes. I save them
    for backup, so when the time comes, they are there. I don't use them at
    single foes, that would definitely be a waste, unless it's a very hard foe.

Games Video Games