PDF Thumbnails not displaying in Windows Explorer

Tags:
  • Windows Explorer
  • PDF
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
February 21, 2005 3:55:16 PM

I have a user that has a folder full of PDF files. He has thumbnail view
turned on for this folder. 99% of the PDF files are displayed with the first
page of the PDF file as the thumbnail. There are a small handful of files
though that just show the generic PDF icon.

How can we get the rest of the PDF files to display the first page as the
thumbnail? Is this a Windows Explorer issue or that way the PDF file was
created?

Thanks,
Kent

More about : pdf thumbnails displaying windows explorer

Anonymous
February 21, 2005 3:55:17 PM

Most likely the way the files were created. If it were a Windows problem
then I should think that none of the files would display right.

!