all day events on outlook not showing on my SX56 pocket pc..

April 29, 2005 10:39:54 PM

I have put events on my calendar that stretch over several days, in outlook
they call them all day events , and they don't synchronize on the pocketpc,
all other time appointments show up , but the all day events don't show
up!!! ???? help
Anonymous
April 30, 2005 12:10:04 PM

not trying to be an idiot, but what happens if you just
set them up as appointments??

xfiler

May 1, 2005 1:18:20 PM

Well, technically I thought they were appointments, but that is the
work-around that I tried, the problem is that what if you have a conference
for 6 days- the you have to put in 6 appointments each day-- does that make
sense? Its really strange that this is a problem.
May 2, 2005 9:08:32 AM

yeah - it sounds really strange to me too, I never had
any luck with all day events either, so that's my work
around, but you could always use a re-occuring
appointment as long as they run consecutively, saves you
from having to re-type so much. Also, what happens if
you enter the event on outlook, then sync your device?
Does the problem persist?

xfiler

May 5, 2005 2:01:56 AM

hmmm, thanks for the reply, I always ussually enter this type of item on
outlook, but I will try on the device and see what happens. What a weird
problem, it seems so obvious, I am surprised that more people haven't come
accross this.
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 2:22:49 PM

There are so many differnet PPC's and just about all of
them have different combinations of 3rd party aps too -
it can be very tricky to track down exactly where the
problem is - especialy since there's probably thousands
of different configurations out their.

That's the beauty and the curse - customizable like heck -
but finding the solutions to the problems can be
difficult for the average user!

xfiler

!