Voltage Issue? Something is wrong here . . .

etomasula

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2007
I have an ASUS A8N Premium Motherboard I just got today. I installed it no problem, flashed the BIOS so it will recognize the FX-60 and all is well until . . . You install windows. It goes through the file copying fine, then reboots to start in 32-bit mode. It displays the XP splash screen and then shuts down . . . Done. I can't get passed that. I've also noticed the boot time it takes to get to the BIOS is extremely long (maybe its this model or the 2GB of RAM takes a while to check?).

The only thing that has changed is the motherboard, and everything worked on the old setup. The otherboard was a ASUS Cheap-o (A8S-x maybe?) with SIS Chipset THAT DIDN"T EVEN HAVE DRIVERS FOR IT (not anywhere, just the default windows crap)!!! I ended up switching b/c my new vid card would benchmark @ 1/2 the score of my 7800GS. I figured it was the cheap-o chipset. . .

I was thinking maybe its my its not getting enough juice but I have a 600W Cooler Master, that I have been using in 2 systems for over 4 months now. In the BIOS you can see all the Rails and they seem to deliver the required voltage.

I guess the mobo could be a dud too. What are you thoughts? If its the motherboard that is bad, I say piss on newegg, they send nothing but bad parts. . .

My New Non-working system:

ASUS A8N-SLI Premium
Cooler Master 600W PSU
AMD FX-60 (939)
G Skill DDR400 (2 x 1GB)
PNY 8800GTS
Western Digital 200GB IDE HDD (My Raptor was DOA)

etomasula

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2007
Well, no thanks to anyone here but I thought I'd give an update to this. Swapping out my FX-60 and replacing it with a newcastle athalon 3400+, windows miraclously start to install, however ungodly slow! The ewhole board seriouslt takes about 2 minutes jst to post. . . For windows, 39 minutes remaining would be more like 10 hours, 39 minutes remaining. So I shut the whole thing down, and plan to RMA the board. I also put the FX-60 and RAM into my existing system and have been using it without any problems. Its good to have 2 939 systems.

Is it just me or has ASUS been dropping the ball lately? I've been checking out reviews for this board and they have been horrible with a high rate of failure.