e-mail attachments

gwen

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2004

E-mail attachments created using Microsoft Works word processor cannot be
opened on the receiving end. I've attached it with the file open, the file
closed, as a word processor file, and as a .doc file. I've sent it using AOl
and Hotmail. Nothing works. How do I attach a resume file to an e-mail so
that the receiving party can open it and be able to read it as it was
orginally written??
--
Gwen C

Please post to microsoft.public.works.win.

"Gwen" <Gwen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> E-mail attachments created using Microsoft Works word processor cannot be
> opened on the receiving end. I've attached it with the file open, the file
> closed, as a word processor file, and as a .doc file. I've sent it using
> AOl
> and Hotmail. Nothing works. How do I attach a resume file to an e-mail so
> that the receiving party can open it and be able to read it as it was
> orginally written??
> --
> Gwen C

Save it as an Adobe pdf file.

Gwen wrote:
> E-mail attachments created using Microsoft Works word processor cannot be
> opened on the receiving end. I've attached it with the file open, the file
> closed, as a word processor file, and as a .doc file. I've sent it using AOl
> and Hotmail. Nothing works. How do I attach a resume file to an e-mail so
> that the receiving party can open it and be able to read it as it was
> orginally written??

Does your recipient have Works or another compatible application
installed?

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

johnf

Have you tried zipping it & then sending the zipfile as an attachment?

--

johnf

> E-mail attachments created using Microsoft Works word processor cannot
> be opened on the receiving end. I've attached it with the file open,
> the file closed, as a word processor file, and as a .doc file. I've
> sent it using AOl and Hotmail. Nothing works. How do I attach a resume
> file to an e-mail so that the receiving party can open it and be able
> to read it as it was orginally written??
> --
> Gwen C

Gordon

Gwen wrote:
> E-mail attachments created using Microsoft Works word processor cannot be
> opened on the receiving end.

What do you mean exactly by this? Have you found out from your recipient
what happens when they do try to open the file?
There could be any number of reasons why they can't open the file.

Gordon Burgess-Parker
Director
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

Does your recipient have "Attachments blocked" ?
Teriel9