Sign in with
Your question

Memtest Errors in My System - Page 3

Last response: in Memory
February 4, 2007 6:57:32 PM

Basically I tried to open My computer and it hung. The error report said something about 'hungapp'

In the middle of shutting it down a popup box came up telling me that Sonic DLA (or Drive Letter Access) was in the middle of updating. It soon went away and I restarted.

So it is interesting to see that the popup here as well in times of error is a Sonic made program. Just to be sure, I scanned the entire Sonic folder with Windows Malicious thangy as well as my AVG. No bad guys were detected.

I am now planning to use Panda's online scanner and then use Ad-Aware, and then finally scan with AVG. I hope I catch some really bad mo-fo of a virus.

I hope your PCs are running better than mine.
February 4, 2007 7:11:59 PM

I want to know more about your issues and how they are similar to mine

PandaActive Scan Detected 7 spyware apps so far
February 4, 2007 7:26:17 PM

I am now seriously considering a reformat/reinstall

All of my sensitive documents and media are and have been since before the upgrade, backed up.

I would lose my installed programs, not that I cannot reinstall them. I have most if not all of the download files for my programs backed up.

I did find a virus. something or other on my external HD once where a lot of data is backed up.

All of my movies are backed up on DVDR, and my music for the most part is now on 2 external HDs.

I would like to know if pandasecurity's active scan is the definitive way to find malware, or is AVG's free edition better?
Related resources
a b } Memory
February 4, 2007 7:46:49 PM

Time Out!

First of all if you have Windows problems its probably from the memory errors you encountered way back in this thread, which may or may not point to bad ram, it could also be the timings are too tight for the amount of modules you're running, Dell is not in the habit of initially supplying high performance modules, and for ram modules from two completely different sources your timings have to be relaxed to successfully run all the modules stably.

Now there is possibility of the RAM you purchased being bad but its only a possibility, if the new RAM tested in pair by itself in the original slots the old RAM was in produces no errors its not bad.

If Windows does have to be reinstalled do a repair installation, not a reformat/reinstall loosing all your data on the HDD, a repair reinstall fixes the Windows problem but leaves all your installed programs intact and it works 99% of the time.

People have suggested things here to you and you have discarded their suggestions, troubleshooting computer problems is a process of elimination, you step by step eliminate all the possibilities and whats left is usually the problem.

You PMd me for help and I don't mind helping you but if you disregard my suggestions I'm outa here, Understand?
a b } Memory
February 4, 2007 7:55:56 PM

List your specifications

Dell model # ? Info on sticker usually on rear of tower
M/B ID and rev# ? Usually in PCI slot area
RAM ID old pair and new pair ? sticker on RAM
Video OLD/NEW including power connections to video card 4pin etc.?
Power Supply specs ? Total rating Watts and whatever else is supplied on the label ?
OP/SYS including present SP ?

If its already been posted put it here again so it can be referenced back to without going over the entire thread.
a b } Memory
February 4, 2007 8:09:16 PM

Try installing RegScrubXP and run it in the automatic mode to find registry problems, if it finds a bunch allow it to clean up your registry, in the auto mode it will not clean anything you don't need taken care of.

Its perfectly safe in the auto mode on Windows XP, I've been using it now for about a year with not the first complication.
February 4, 2007 8:09:24 PM

I apologize profusely for any unhappiness I may have caused to you.

I did not mean to insult you and I am carefully reading all of your posts

I am in the middle of getting all of my Serial Numbers and such off of the RAM and mobo and the such

Im listening, please stay and assist me

Also what do you mean about repair reinstall?
February 4, 2007 8:18:30 PM

I will do that as well as I can:

A) Model Number: Dell Dimension XPS Gen 3
model # as said on side of case: WHL
I dont want to give you my serial number unless its absolutely necessary, for it is really private info.

Its one of the Big Blue XPS cases with the neon bling on the front

B) New RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1682...
That is what I got:
Corsair Value Select:
VS512mb533D2
07010693 - 0 - 069092

and for the other one: (same as other aside from last digit of s/n)
VS512mb533D2
07010693 - 0 - 069092

The Old RAM: both DIMMS are Identical
Samsung Logo KR
PC2-4200U - 444- 10 - B1
M378T6453FG0 - CD5

C) Mobo:
By my CPU is says: Dell logo, R:A-01 r is for revision if I am correct
and bottom PCI slots are 2 stickers

The upper one:
AA C56912-304

The Lower One:
DS/N CN-0K3464 - 48111 - 47L - 00ZF : C/O CN

next...

D) PSU: Dell knows nothing about their won PSUs but this is what I have found in 2 places: 460watts though is what all agree on
+5v= 35 0A
+12v_A= 17 0A
+5vfp= 2 0A
+12v_B= 17 0A
-12v= 0.8 A
+3.3v= 40 0A

I had a thread running for a while on whether or not my PC could run the 7900gs:
http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/Upgrading-PCfto...

E) Video Card old:
Dell called it the X800SE 128mb
Catalyst and 3dmark 05/06 pretty much everywhere else calls it the X800GT 128mb
I do not remember the precise clock settings

F) Video card New: eVGA 7900gs KO w/out HDCP
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1681...

G) OS: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
that is what comes up in EAsy Info from BF2.

Ok then I think that covers it all.

Please assist
a b } Memory
February 4, 2007 8:21:50 PM

How to do a Windows XP or Windows 2K Repair Installation;

Start your installation just like a normal from scratch installation, set CMOS boot sequence to first boot CDROM, second boot your HDD setup.

Insert Win Installation CD, press any key at CDROM boot invitation, If RAID Controller or SATA Controller Drivers are necessary for your situation, Press F6 at the prompt to do so, and load them when requested to do so.

Continue as an install from scratch installation, [immediately after the F8 agreement] Windows will search for Previously Installed Operating Systems, and will highlight your corrupted installation, at this point simply press R, to start the repair, it will seem like its installing from scratch except you will not format the HDD, and when it completes Windows will be repaired and all your data is still there.
a b } Memory
February 4, 2007 8:29:10 PM

You haven't insulted me, if I'm going to take the time to help you, I need your attention, serial numbers are not necessary to give anyone trying to help you so thats good on your part.

Model #s is all thats necessary!

Repair installation instructions I've already posted.
February 4, 2007 8:35:22 PM

A far as I can tell I gave you most of the info that I know
a b } Memory
February 4, 2007 8:42:51 PM

I really don't want to have to read this entire thread its kinda large, so is this right that you've gone back to the original RAM in their original slots? If yes, you remember what slots the old ram originally was in right?

Was it side by side in one of the paired sockets?

Or 1 module in the first paired set of sockets, and 1 in the other paired set of sockets?
February 4, 2007 8:49:06 PM

Before I do anything rash, I want to get this regscrub out of the way.

I did the RegScrubXP finds problems

it found 129, not unusual

then what do I do? What is my next step to use the program?
February 4, 2007 8:52:08 PM

I have indeed gone back to the original RAM in its original slots

I do not know which specific DIMM was in which specific slot though (e.g. Serial Number blahblahblah in slot 1 and serial number blahblahblah in slot 2)

For most if not all of my thread's info, read the Big Post from me on page4.

It may be long, but it will give you an excellent review of what happened.

The Key is in the Big One.
February 4, 2007 8:54:44 PM

The RAM is supposed to be paired as such

PAIR 1 DIMM1 //// PAIR 2 DIMM1 //// PAIR1 DIMM2 ///// PAIR 2 DIMM2

its in that position now, except that the 2nd and 4th slots (for the second pair) are empty.

My original factory config in terms of RAM
a b } Memory
February 4, 2007 8:56:35 PM

Bottom left Click Select all problems
Then click Fix all problems
a b } Memory
February 4, 2007 9:05:11 PM

Quote:
The RAM is supposed to be paired as such

PAIR 1 DIMM1 //// PAIR 2 DIMM1 //// PAIR1 DIMM2 ///// PAIR 2 DIMM2

its in that position now, except that the 2nd and 4th slots (for the second pair) are empty.

My original factory config in terms of RAM

Have you been into the CMOS setup?

Do you know how to?

Asking these questions is not a prompt for you to jump into the CMOS not knowing what you're doing in there, its for my finding out your capabilities, just answer the questions for now. OK

Do you know if your M/B CMOS setup will allow you to set RAM timings manually?

Your M/B is a know NON overclocker but does the CMOS allow for manual memory timings or only AUTO settings?
February 4, 2007 9:07:21 PM

Well as of this point, I used RegScrubXP, it found 129 issues, i selected all, and it fixed all 129. Thanks 4Ryan6, I see your last post now.

While I am awaiting the next step I will use my AVG to scan my PC.

About my external, it is a 500gb one, and I have no place to dump the data.
All the data on it is also backed up elsewhere, but that does not help me enough. I spent days organizing my movies on that drive and I simply cannot afford to reformat it as such.

I will scan the external using Panda now though.
February 4, 2007 9:08:09 PM

I dont know... that is all
a b } Memory
February 4, 2007 9:13:41 PM

Quote:
Your M/B is a know NON overclocker but does the CMOS allow for manual memory timings or only AUTO settings?

The reason I'm asking this is you've posted two sets of timings 4/4/4/11
and 4/4/4/12, we've got to get the timings to all work together at something like 5/5/5/12 or 5/5/5/14 because you're using a 2gb total of 4 512mb modules, obviously not the same timings, but if the CMOS can be manually set the modules can all be used ERROR free.

Now did you get the timings you posted from the CMOS, or from the sticker on the RAM modules?
a b } Memory
February 4, 2007 9:17:39 PM

Quote:
I dont know... that is all

You don't know what?

Quote what you're responding to Please

You can quote faster like this below if you want.

But quote so I know what you're refering to OK

//////I dont know... that is all
February 4, 2007 9:19:04 PM

Panda said it found a virus and a spyware in my external. The information was limited and I cannot expand the Pandas search window. It seemed though that at the very end it found 2 problems both in the file Xvid 1.1 which I have had for ages and used to play Xvid encoded video.

I manually went and deleted the file itself. Then, I quickly did another scan with the file in the recycling bin, and right in the beginning of the scan it detected stuff in my bin. I emptied the Bin and began another scan.

The last scan finished with no known issues on my external, however I will do one more scan.

Next will be to rescan my HD with the same program.
a b } Memory
February 4, 2007 9:23:37 PM

There may be nothing wrong with the RAM at all but 2 timed @ 4/4/4/11 and the other 2 @ 4/4/4/12 and thats not going to work together error free.

If the only CMOS options you have are AUTO and its trying to run the RAM at 2 different settings and you cannot manually sett both channels of RAM to the same timings, its not going to work.

If the CMOS will allow a manual setting that all four modules can run at you're in business.
February 4, 2007 9:24:39 PM

Quote:
The reason I'm asking this is you've posted two sets of timings 4/4/4/11
and 4/4/4/12, we've got to get the timings to all work together at something like 5/5/5/12 or 5/5/5/14 because you're using a 2gb total of 4 512mb modules, obviously not the same timings, but if the CMOS can be manually set the modules can all be used ERROR free.

Now did you get the timings you posted from the CMOS, or from the sticker on the RAM modules?

Now I gave you in writing what I found on the DIMMS themselves.

Memtest recognized the Old modules as being 4-4-4-11 and the new ones as being 4-4-4-12. Now this is not really the issue at hand though.

I have an inability to start 3dmark05 or 06 as well as 2 errors in a version of EA's EAsy Info. I am not using the old ram, so I cannot blame anything on it. I want to focus now on how to get 3dmark05/6 to run, for that will clear up my biggest issue: software/driver incompatibility/conflict.

That is my problem, I havent used all 4 DIMMS since thursday.

When I mean I just dont know I was referring to my lack of knowledge on whether or not I could change my CMOS settings, as well as complete lack of knowledge on what CMOS settings are.

I hope that is enough for now. My external now has no malware :) 
February 4, 2007 9:27:09 PM

Quote:
There may be nothing wrong with the RAM at all but 2 timed @ 4/4/4/11 and the other 2 @ 4/4/4/12 and thats not going to work together error free.

If the only CMOS options you have are AUTO and its trying to run the RAM at 2 different settings and you cannot manually sett both channels of RAM to the same timings, its not going to work.

If the CMOS will allow a manual setting that all four modules can run at you're in business.

One person did suggest mixing the new and old ram so that in each pair the mobo would automatically bring them both down to 4-4-4-11. Just a suggestion.
a b } Memory
February 4, 2007 9:27:57 PM

Quote:
Panda said it found a virus and a spyware in my external. The information was limited and I cannot expand the Pandas search window. It seemed though that at the very end it found 2 problems both in the file Xvid 1.1 which I have had for ages and used to play Xvid encoded video.

I manually went and deleted the file itself. Then, I quickly did another scan with the file in the recycling bin, and right in the beginning of the scan it detected stuff in my bin. I emptied the Bin and began another scan.

The last scan finished with no known issues on my external, however I will do one more scan.

Next will be to rescan my HD with the same program.

Obviously we're on two different pages here, let me know when you get back to resolving your initial issues. OK
February 4, 2007 9:32:20 PM

Quote:
I am not using the old ram

Correction would read , I am not using the new ram. I don't care that much about the second gig that could give me issues. If you say that I cannot get it to work easily in my box, then I will return them to Newegg.

I also want to add that on Friday my Logitech mx3100 wireless keyboard and mouse stopped working suddenly. This is well documented much earlier in the thread. I think something fried the wireless receiver and thus that is why they wont work in any PC. In any case, I believe that I am well within the warranty and will be able to resolve that issue easily.

THE END
February 4, 2007 9:34:58 PM

Quote:

Obviously we're on two different pages here, let me know when you get back to resolving your initial issues. OK

Pardon? My initial issues of my new ram are unfortunately the least of my problems. I want to find out now how to fix my other issues enumerated somewhere above (not far)

I was on a different page, I want to add and finalize that I dont really care about that new RAM, we have bigger fish to fry\

THE END
a b } Memory
February 4, 2007 9:40:37 PM

Well my Bad, if it was me I'd want to use the additional RAM if I could but if it doesn't matter to you then so be it.

Your USB keyboard and mouse, if they won't work in another machine obviously your machine is not the problem the keyboard and mouse must be bad.

So is the new video card out of the issues also?

So you may be experiencing trouble from your first RAM errors and just need to do a repair reinstall to resolve the WinXp problems.
February 4, 2007 9:46:56 PM

Quote:
Well my Bad, if it was me I'd want to use the additional RAM if I could but if it doesn't matter to you then so be it.

Your USB keyboard and mouse, if they won't work in another machine obviously your machine is not the problem the keyboard and mouse must be bad.

Thank you so much for getting in subject.

I acknowledge that my keyboard and mouse, or their separate receiver must be fried.

However, I do not know for sure if the new video card or its drivers are out of the spotlight, in fact I never touched anything in that region since the big upgrade on Thursday.

Quote:

So you may be experiencing trouble from your first RAM errors and just need to do a repair reinstall to resolve the WinXp problems.

I dont understand, are you saying that just because my system received memtest errors from that first test, that it could have somehow convinced my Windows installation that it wasnt good enough for me? Im not trying to make fun of your suggestions, its just that I really dont know what you are trying to suggest.

Peace out
February 4, 2007 10:07:48 PM

Now there Is one last issue to take care of before I do my repair/reinstall

Should I use my old video card and sound card or my new stuff?

I hope my new stuff, but what is the best idea?
a b } Memory
February 4, 2007 10:07:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:
I dont understand, are you saying that just because my system received memtest errors from that first test, that it could have somehow convinced my Windows installation that it wasnt good enough for me? Im not trying to make fun of your suggestions, its just that I really dont know what you are trying to suggest.

Peace out

Memtest wasn't the only thing you ran according to the beginning of this thread.

Quote:
I upgraded my PC last night with an eVGA 7900gs (from an ATI X800GT/SE 128mb), a bluegears sound card, and a second pair of 512mb DIMMS of DDR2 PC2-4200 533mhz RAM. That brought my ram from the dell supplied 1gb (2x512mb) of the same type of RAM, to 2gb(4x512mb). I just want to make sure that that is clear.

I ran 3dMark 06 and 05 on my system. Before upgrading, my score in 3Dmark 05 was 3584, whereas after upgrading it was 6941, a 93% increase in performance. So that sounds appropriate, correct? I then ran 3Dmark06 which my previous configuration did not possess the minimum requirements for. My scores were:
3dmark 06 nvidia
4002 3dmarks
sm2.0 1827
hdr sm3.0 1813
cpu 952

I then ran F.E.A.R. with no patches installed, at the autodetect settings, with only the resolution increased to 1600x1200. It ran phenomenally, although I did not benchmark it, I assume that the framerates were between 40 and 55 fps. This also does not indicate any issues, as far as I can tell.

Well, I should probably say that my system is a Dell XPS Gen 3 with an intel 925x based mobo, and powered by a P4 Prescott 540 3.2ghz 32bit CPU with Hyperthreading (currently turned on.)

I never ran memtest on my PC before last night. Last night I ran memtest86 on my system. It took approximately 35 minutes to complete the first pass. In test 7 it detected 11 errors. Included is the photo that I took of the screen, I apologize for the dark tint, but I need more experience with that camera.

Seems to me you'd run 3D mark 05 and 06, played some F.E.A.R and not telling what else before you decided to run memtest and discover all that time you were running RAM that was producing errors, well what do you think those original errors, were corrupting? Everything you opened and ran, including Windows.

So beside repairing Windows, you'll probably have to uninstall 3D Mark 05 and 06 and reinstall them and possibly F.E.A.R., a Windows repair only repairs Windows not the other screwed up software. Understand.
a b } Memory
February 4, 2007 10:10:35 PM

Quote:
Now there Is one last issue to take care of before I do my repair/reinstall

Should I use my old video card and sound card or my new stuff?

I hope my new stuff, but what is the best idea?

I see no reason why the new soundcard and video card cannot be used, just make sure the old video and sound drivers are removed.
February 4, 2007 10:11:33 PM

OMG thanks....

Quote:
eems to me you'd run 3D mark 05 and 06, played some F.E.A.R and not telling what else before you decided to run memtest and discover all that time you were running RAM that was producing errors, well what do you think those original errors, were corrupting? Everything you opened and ran, including Windows.

So beside repairing Windows, you'll probably have to uninstall 3D Mark 05 and 06 and reinstall them and possibly F.E.A.R., a Windows repair only repairs Windows not the other screwed up software. Understand.

I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling both 3dmark 05 and 06 at least 3 times. One guy suggested that it could just be that the install files were corrupted. If what you say is true... then that could be the case.

Well I certainly will uninstall F.E.A.R. right away as well as 3dmark 05 and 06.

I gtg eat ill be back in 15-20min
a b } Memory
February 4, 2007 10:16:25 PM

Quote:
OMG thanks....

eems to me you'd run 3D mark 05 and 06, played some F.E.A.R and not telling what else before you decided to run memtest and discover all that time you were running RAM that was producing errors, well what do you think those original errors, were corrupting? Everything you opened and ran, including Windows.

I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling both 3dmark 05 and 06 at least 3 times. One guy suggested that it could just be that the install files were corrupted. If what you say is true... then that could be the case.

Well I certainly will uninstall F.E.A.R. right away as well as 3dmark 05 and 06.

I gtg eat ill be back in 15-20min

I would repair Windows first, then worry about the other programs, Windows is your main concern if its corrupted, the other programs may work after a Windows reinstall if you've already uninstalled and reinstalled them.

Repair Windows first, then worry about the other software!
February 4, 2007 10:51:07 PM

Okay then Im back now.

I will now follow your instructions and attempt to do a repair on windows.

Here goes nothing.
February 4, 2007 11:46:28 PM

I believe that the repair went ok.

My CD is from august 04 though and SP1.
During the part of the repair where it goes thru several steps and the winxp is good for ... messages come up
at that time my screen flashed black maybe 20 times for a second or two at a time.

I got into WinXP now... the res is 800x600 (as opposed to my native 16x12)

I got 3 messages on startup: A bubble from winupdate telling me that its out of date: OK duh..

b) DAEMON TOOLS (cd/dvd virtualization app) tells me that it requires at least Win2k with SPTD 1.37 or higher. Kernel debugger must be deactivated.
Should I click OK?

Also: Spybot came up telling me that a system startup user entry value changed: ctfmon.exe
should I allow or deny this change? I would assume allow.
a b } Memory
February 4, 2007 11:51:53 PM

Quote:
I believe that the repair went ok.

My CD is from august 04 though and SP1.
During the part of the repair where it goes thru several steps and the winxp is good for ... messages come up
at that time my screen flashed black maybe 20 times for a second or two at a time.

I got into WinXP now... the res is 800x600 (as opposed to my native 16x12)

I got 3 messages on startup: A bubble from winupdate telling me that its out of date: OK duh..

b) DAEMON TOOLS (cd/dvd virtualization app) tells me that it requires at least Win2k with SPTD 1.37 or higher. Kernel debugger must be deactivated.
Should I click OK?

Also: Spybot came up telling me that a system startup user entry value changed: ctfmon.exe
should I allow or deny this change? I would assume allow.

The first thing you'll need to do now is go to Windows Update and update the computer.

All previous updates are gone, so take care of that now.
a b } Memory
February 4, 2007 11:53:56 PM

Right Click the desktop in a clear area to access the properties to change the resolution of the screen.
February 4, 2007 11:54:58 PM

Ok then but what about the other popups? I have not touched the PC yet. I want your specific input on this for each action I take.
February 4, 2007 11:56:46 PM

Okay doing that now (changed screen's res)
still waiting for input on what to do about the 2 popups
February 5, 2007 12:00:38 AM

a serious issue: i have 2 icons on the bottom where the clock is
both identical telling me I have no connection in either wired or wifi
usually I use my wifi card linksys wmp54g to connect to the internet
I go to start menu then connect to: click on wireless network connection
Brings up an empty window with only a cancel button not grayed out

something wrong with windows recognizing my wifi card

help
February 5, 2007 12:13:01 AM

Wow this thread is annoying me.

First time got a headache for sommat that's not my prob!

ok (i know this ground has been covered i'm thinking out loud)

1, check the grounding of your power cable! and check your getting 110V or 230V (you sound like a yank! so is prob 110V!

2, Check your PSU run it to full load (prime 95 or similar) and GPU (maybe 3dmark.......) then check you have close to 5V between Red and Black on molex and close to 12V between Yellow and Black on a molex)

3, Get a hoover (Vacum cleaner) and whilst touching the end on the Case (For anti-static) get every single last bit of dust OUT) (it took me three times once)

4, Get the system back to Factory settings (i.e orig hardware and orig windows/OEM drivers etc (DONT connect to the Internet) Backup your Cat pictures to USB/CD/DVD etc

5, Run the mem test with the modules in single and dual channel mode

6, if passes then add the new mem and re-test PSU and memtest

7, as above but add your GPU

8, use Autopatcher to get your updates without connecting to the internet (use your laptop to Download)

9, do the same for zone alarm, Spyware blaster and Spybot S&D

10, connect to internet and update Spyware blaster and S&D and run windows update for the ones Autopatcher missed etc (Run Autopatcher several times after the reboots)

11, run a Hot 3d Game and check PSU.

12, maybe replace Northbridge Heatsink (Maybe DELL was good enough for the old GPU but not the new one?????????)

13, Good luck!!!
February 5, 2007 12:13:58 AM

I will now insert the Linkys's Card's driver CD in and attempt to reinstall those drivers.

Wish me luck
I would feel better if I didnt feel so alone
a b } Memory
February 5, 2007 12:13:58 AM

Right Click the My Computer Icon

Select Properties

Select Hardware Tab

Select Device Manager

Check in Device Manager to see if the Network is Installed, if not install it.
February 5, 2007 12:14:44 AM

effing great, i will do as you say now..

dont leave yet i could use your help
February 5, 2007 12:17:41 AM

Quote:
Check in Device Manager to see if the Network is Installed, if not install it.

I already was on that page, it recognizes my card just fine with its drivers and all, its just that it refuses to allow me the regular winxp wireless network connect feature.

It gives me no ability to connect to the internet now. I will attempt to reinstall the drivers from the original reinstall CD
February 5, 2007 12:17:51 AM

Please tell me if i helped!

A good book called Upgrading and Repairing pc's might help (Very good)
February 5, 2007 12:19:18 AM

Im sorry to say that your comment is about 4 hours outdated

please get on the current subject at hand
a b } Memory
February 5, 2007 12:21:21 AM

Your problems now should be simply step by step reinstall of anything the Windows CD didn't have drivers for, we're talking hardware here, Device Manager will tag with yellow or red anything needing drivers.

All prior software programs will work as before, unless they were corrupted, then an uninstall and reinstall of just the corrupted programs will resolve the issue.
!