Sign in with
Your question

How much does brand matter

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 2, 2007 4:58:39 PM

I see Saphire, etc brands going cheaper than ATI. Does it make a difference?

More about : brand matter

February 2, 2007 5:02:28 PM

No real difference. Mainly differences in bundles and warranty.
February 2, 2007 5:39:51 PM

some manufactures like BFG give their cards a mild overclock and charge extra for them... and like the other posters said some of 'em bundle extra games and crap with them.

either way, if you dont care about all that gimmicky poop - their specs should be listed so just check to make sure it's the same and pick the lowest price
Related resources
February 2, 2007 5:40:36 PM

Well I believe bfg and evga have lifetime warranties, and evga has a step-up program, but mostly ya it has to do with what comes in the box.(mostly) not always the case.
February 2, 2007 5:43:48 PM

Quote from the past:
"There is no such thing as a bad company (or in this case, brand), only a bad product."

Beyond that, it's all up to personal preference; oem or retail, warranty, price, reviews, price:p erformance ratio, bundles, product variations/alterations, etc etc etc....
February 2, 2007 5:54:59 PM

maxtor for hdd=evil for me...

Quote:
"There is no such thing as a bad company (or in this case, brand), only a bad product."

only true if the company have made good products before...
February 2, 2007 6:11:20 PM

great - I have a maxtor HD. Thanks to everyone for the replies!
February 2, 2007 6:14:38 PM

correct me if im wrong, but didnt seagate buy maxtor?
February 2, 2007 10:59:25 PM

Quote:
correct me if im wrong, but didnt seagate buy maxtor?

either that or the other way round, but maxtor are the 'budget' ones, and as far as my experience goes, they dont seem as good. that being said after a few (more) years the technology should be shared between them (more so then now anyway) and Maxtor's performance should inprove. though i still dont really like them that much
!