Have a new computer Windows XP Home SP2. When I open IE or Outlook Express
then close and reopen they do not reopen full screen. I thought I saw a way
to fix that on here before, but cannot find it. Can some one offer help.

Go to Start > Programs and right-click
on Internet Explorer (do not launch it).
Then select Properties > Shortcut and from the Run:
drop-down menu select Maximized, then click Apply.
Do the same for Outlook Express.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"walt" wrote:

| Have a new computer Windows XP Home SP2. When I open IE or Outlook Express
| then close and reopen they do not reopen full screen. I thought I saw a way
| to fix that on here before, but cannot find it. Can some one offer help.

Thanks for the quick respose, have another question. In SP1 outlook express
there was an option to allow attachment so they would not be blocked. I can't
find that in SP2 is there a way to turn that off. I can't find it in the
knowledge base info. Just info about Attachment Manager but not how to allow
attachment. Thanks again

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Go to Start > Programs and right-click
> on Internet Explorer (do not launch it).
> Then select Properties > Shortcut and from the Run:
> drop-down menu select Maximized, then click Apply.
> Do the same for Outlook Express.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups
>
> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.mspx

> "walt" wrote:
>
> | Have a new computer Windows XP Home SP2. When I open IE or Outlook Express
> | then close and reopen they do not reopen full screen. I thought I saw a way
> | to fix that on here before, but cannot find it. Can some one offer help.

I must be blind, Carey..I see no such items.

Tom

| Go to Start > Programs and right-click
| on Internet Explorer (do not launch it).
| Then select Properties > Shortcut and from the Run:
| drop-down menu select Maximized, then click Apply.
| Do the same for Outlook Express.
|
| --
| Carey Frisch
| Microsoft MVP
| Windows XP - Shell/User
| Microsoft Newsgroups
|
| Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
| http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.mspx
|
| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|
| "walt" wrote:
|
|| Have a new computer Windows XP Home SP2. When I open IE or Outlook
Express
|| then close and reopen they do not reopen full screen. I thought I saw a
way
|| to fix that on here before, but cannot find it. Can some one offer help.

Shortcut tab
Lists the shortcut name, target information, and shortcut key. Allows you
to choose the way the item is displayed when you open the shortcut: in a
standard window, a full screen (maximized), or as a button on the taskbar
(minimized). Also allows you to view the shortcut's target, change the icon
for the shortcut, and open a shortcut as a different user.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User