Sign in with
Your question

Is this a decent PSU?

Last response: in Components
February 2, 2007 8:21:16 PM

http://komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?sku=312300&CKS=PCW

I won't be going Crossfire or OC'ing or anything, this system is for Multimedia editing. Secondary purpose is gaming.

Um, will be running a Duo 2 E6400
2 x 1GB DDR2 667MHz RAM chips
Sapphire Radeon X1950PRO 256MB GDDR3 PCI-E
Gigabyte GA-945P

*Note, I don't live in the US, so please don't post links to NewEgg, thanks.

More about : decent psu

Related resources
February 2, 2007 9:15:44 PM

The would be for sure, unfortunatley the 520W is out of stock and the 620W is £96 - not around £60.
February 2, 2007 9:46:08 PM

Quote:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10...

The rankings are all here the NORTHQ isn't reccomended the Xclio greatpower's are tier 2.

The guy that drew up this list knows his stuff, that's beyond question.

Alright, well going by what that guy has said, I take it this PSU makes it into Tier 3? And btw, I can only buy from that site cause it's easier and it'll keep delivery costs down. I am literally trying to cut down on every penny I can. I've gone way over-budget with my new system as it goes! £60 is top's I'd pay for a PSU.
February 3, 2007 10:15:59 AM

Given your limitations you might as well buy that i guess.
February 3, 2007 10:42:20 AM

Quote:
Your best option from that web sight is one of the Corsair PSUs. The 520W has more then enough power for your system and is modular

What does modular mean?
February 3, 2007 12:49:48 PM

You need to get over to Scan and buy the Xclio 55OW (unless the Corsair is available), it's a diifferent class to the garbage you're thinking of on Komplett.

It's under £60 quid with postage.

Don't give me that rubbish about it bring"easier" it isn't, you are making a false economy by worrying about postage, and at the same time putting a shitty PSU in your system.

Get it done, you're kidding yourself over at Komplett.

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProdu...
February 3, 2007 1:08:28 PM

Alright, I found this PSU at scan. It's one of the ones they recommend in the list and it seems pretty decent.

Btw, does anyone know how much they charge for standard delivery?
February 3, 2007 1:30:32 PM

That's ok, it's not as good as the Xclio which is £3 more expensive, or near as good value for money, but you seem determined to buy anything instead of the best PSU you canfor the same money, so i'd tell you to buy that Coolermaster.

Postage is £5.98, i just bought from there.
February 3, 2007 1:36:31 PM

Quote:
That's ok, it's not as good as the Xclio which is £3 more expensive, or near as good value for money, but you seem determined to buy anything instead of the best PSU you canfor the same money
Alright, I failed to see that the Xclio GreatPower are actually put in the Tier 2 Brands by that expert guy from the link posted earlier. I only remember seeing Xclio in the Tier 4 Brands which wasn't recomended. I managed to save £30 by buying a Mobo, Ram n CPU bundle, so I'll get the Xclio Greatpower... it's also modular, which is awesome.

Sorry for failing to see this, my bad. And thanks for all you help guys!
February 3, 2007 1:38:43 PM

They have 36A and 38A respectivley.

Both have plenty of amperage for what he wants.
February 3, 2007 1:44:48 PM

You made a great choice.

The Xclio's in tier 4 were an earlier model (Goodpower) made i believe by a different manufacturer, the Greatpower series is made by Channel Well and is of the same quality that befits it's position as a tier 2 PSU, it's the same build as the Thermaltake Toughpower.

Xclio Greatpower is without doubt the best value for money PSU available in the UK today, it's the same or better than PSU's that are 30-40% more expensive.

With the Corsair 520W unavailable it was the best choice.
!